I get so frustrated that I'm almost in tears! adult content

My cousin Lisa is 22. She has 2 boys from a previous relationship,2 and 10 months old. She lost the older boy in '09 due to the fact that she wasn't feeding him. She was giving him water and juice ONLY at 6 months old! In court she was told that she needed to get her GED,a job,her own place,and take parenting classes. Well its 1 1/2 years later,and all she's done was the parenting classes. She had her youngest son in April of last year. he's being fed,not as well as he should be,but it hasn't raised any red flags at WIC yet,but most likely will very soon. He's fallen from the 48th percentile,to the 22nd in 3 months.

Since she had her son last year,she's slept with 11 guys. The baby daddy is in prison for retail theft,and for beating her up last October.
All she wants to do is go out drinking and party. She goes out,no fooling,5-6 days a week. She'll leave at 4-5pm one day,and come home at 7-8 am the next day. Her mom enables her to keep doing this.She doesn't care about her kids. I'm 100% sure that she'll never get her older son back. She's had all this time to get her shit together and she refuses to do it.
I get so frustrated seeing her FB statuses where she says "going to the bar tonight,gonna be a blast!" Come on! Its THURSDAY! Get a fucking job and take care of your kids!!
Why do these young women do this? How can you just piss all over your child's life and feel no remorse? And in case you're wondering. Me taking her kids is not an option. been there,tried that. Next step is adoption after her rights are revoked.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 11:30 AM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• This is a question hard to answer. My cousin is very similar. She feeds her two boys well, but her grandma has them most of the time. She and the boys' dad split up almost a year ago and it has been nothing but DRAMA. I've had to go pick her up at a bar bacause she went out with the boys' dad and he told her he was going to kill her, and then when i got there, she didnt wanna leave. I was like WTF??? She has went to jail for DUI recently, and she still continues to party all the time. My family and i have tried talking to her but she does not see anything wrong with what she is doing. They are in a custody battle right now and her thought of it is, "Well, let him talk me to court, they wont take my babies away". Thats it! The point is, sadly, no one can help them if they are not willing to help yourself. it really sucks your cousin is living her life that way when she has a blessing from God ( the child). Lisa is in my Prayers
    arkelly2188

Answer by arkelly2188 at 11:38 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Ugh, I'd be disgusted too. Cafemom ninnies can jump on me and call me judgmental if they'd like, but people like that popping out kids are almost enough to make me support forced sterilization. It's so very, very sad for the children.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 11:33 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• she definitely doesnt deserve to be a mother. isnt there any family memeber that could take the children.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:33 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Your cousin needs some serious help
    The sad thing is the only one who can help her is herself
    I personally would go to the courthouse, Child Protected service, and WIC and everyone and anyone who would listen and get those children out of her environment.
    The children are being punished for what your cousing is doing to them and the sad things is It's not the children's fault on how their mothter is behaving.
    She sounds very inmature. She needs a serious ass kicking......
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 11:39 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Hearing this makes me so sick & sad. It breaks my heart because children don't deserve this. They deserve the very best from their parents unconditional love,care,protection. She does not deserve to have have children & be a mother & should of got her tubes tied a long time ago.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 11:42 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• can't you report this to somebody like cps. certainly now with so much social media they can see just how much she is home taking care of the kids. i would report her over and over again. these kids should of been adopted right oiff the bat. i mean at least the baby that died would still be alive.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:44 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Sad.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:46 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Water and juice only!  Holy crap!  I try so hard to not judge and be straight forward with my answers but come on, she doesn't have common sense period.  I know that it must be extremely frustrating for you but these aren't your decisions.  You have to remind yourself that her decisions are her own.  You will go crazy otherwise.  I'm sorry that you have to watch that, hugs~

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:52 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I'm with Melody77 call CPS and tell them what is going on. Its all about the best interest of the children and in a situation like this they need to be in a better environment than this...

bhoward87

Answer by bhoward87 at 11:55 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Breaks my heart... but there is nothing you can do other than if you were to step up and help or report her? Personally I would take on the kids, just to place my mind at ease since they have no control over who they were born too... hope all goes better and help is recieved! Before it is too late for those kids
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:56 AM on Feb. 10, 2011