I don't understand

Every body seems to have it down, But when i try it just seems to get harder. and not make any success., My almost 3 year old boy is very good at arguing.. i say no.. he fights with me..
I would love to have a strict time where he brushes his teeth. and gets into bed.. and doesn't come out.. i just don't understand . how do i know what not to give him??? He comes out of his room and says this or that, he gets pretzels in bed.. but he brushed his teeth. so really he should eat when he gets food, i try to say no.. but then my husband feels bad so he says just 2-4 pretzels. well there goes his bad teeth.. like OMG.. there goes the plan! How do i get my son to sit down and eat at the table at dinner time... He always wants to sit in the living room and eat... doesn't eat.. :(

So we give in and say that is enough. I want him to be able to eat intell he is full, brush his teeth and get into bed, he does't need  food in bed. he already has dental work done. and he is not even 3 yet. 3 more weeks.. ugh..

T.v he is used to watching abc or 123 when ever he wants.. i would love a family time dinner. but things get busy/ he wants he normall wins so we don't have to fight. I guess i just need to stay stop and listen or your going into your room intell you listen. ??

Mrs.Ro

Asked by Mrs.Ro at 11:32 AM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You and your dh must first present a united front. He's playing both of you. If he does it at this age what's going to happen when he turns into a teenager? You must both be willing to bend and compromise but then say this is it.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:34 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• ~*Giggles*~ it takes practice, tial and error, and a united front!!!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:52 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I am a little ashamed to say that my child was once the boss of me. But I eventually got tired of it and showed him who was boss. I put him in his room for a nap and if he comes back out I put him back. I have a schedule hanging on the fridge and we go by it. Its nice having it written down like that. It will get easier. But show him your the boss!!!!!
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 12:12 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Well you need to get your DH on board and then no matter how much whining crying etc you just stick to your guns. No explanations just a simple no and that is the end of it. Let him go hungry if he doesn't want to eat at the table. One night of it and he will be out there eating with you.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:29 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• when my oldest gets mouthy and wants to argue i just tell him,, i am mommy and i am the boss.. Dameon is not the boss and you cant tell me or your brother what to do, if i say to do something that means you do it and if i say you cant do it that means you cant! so stop trying to act like you can do what ever you want lol he does better after i remind him
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 1:10 AM on Feb. 13, 2011