what is it with mothers and daughters??

Once so close with my daughters..as soon as they became teenagers they decided that they hated me. Will this ever get any better??

mommiedear

Asked by mommiedear at 1:38 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• they'll come back ~ it sure is hard filling the days until they do tho :( don't try so hard to get them to love you ( which you know they do ) there just chemically imbalanced right now :)

STAY STRONG!

tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 3:46 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• YEAH WHEN THEY GET IN THEIR 20S
    veebaby

Answer by veebaby at 1:45 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• they will love you again , probably 18 or 19, stay strong.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 2:30 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• i have 5 kids: 4 boys and 1 girl. i am very close to my daughter, actually close to all of my kids,but i will say that as she gets older she gets quite snooty!!! shes going to be 13, now that i really think about that question, we were much closer when she was younger! now im so sad, LOL
    j-hunt

Answer by j-hunt at 2:44 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Well i'm a teen my self they will get over it soon ,I hated my mother sometimes for no reason but speaking from experience they will expecially when they are going to want something....Hang in there they will come around!
    DRN17

Answer by DRN17 at 3:42 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• YES!!! Being a teenager is awful, on both the kid and the parent, but it gets better. When I hit about 22 or 23, I was amazed that my mother let me survive that long. I hope for your girls it happens sooner, so you don't have to wait so long. But it will be worth it. :)
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 4:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• yep i went through this with my mom. i mean i didn't hate her and stayed realatively close to her through my teen years but we did have some drama. drama where i ran off at stayed at a friend's house for three days or so and you know what i don't even remember why. but anyhoo i talk to my mom just about every day now. i love her to pieces and couldn't ask for a better suited mom for me.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 7:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• She will come around. Everyone is different I guess. We were "joined at the hip" until she entered Jr. High. I warned her before she started that we would probably "butt heads" just so she knew I knew what I was talking about later. I have always tried to be honest with her and make everything about her, instead of me. She accused me of being over-protective a few times and she was "snooty" for a few years, but she came around and we are close again. I think kids just have to find their way. If you raise them with self-confidence and self-esteem as a priority and set a good example, I believe they may stray a little but they will figure out that you have their best interest at heart and you love them.
    Goodthings

Answer by Goodthings at 10:05 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• It will get better i promise..Im 19 so it wasnt long ago fr me..I never really got inot many fights with my mom but my sister was terrible to her! But it all changed when she hit about 17 and for me it was around 14 i went through that terrible 13 stage! i Hate myself for it! Keep your head up though dotn listen to anything they say they do not mean it
    gracie43008

Answer by gracie43008 at 11:40 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I wish I had a daughter to hate me, I have sons! LOL
    Anonymous