Are there any specific foods or exercises that would help me conceive???

My fiance and I have been trying to conceive for a year now and still nothing. Im afraid to go to a fertility doctor because im afraid he may give me bad news. I know it takes time sometimes, but we are so ready! I have done everything I know to do except taking my temp all the time. Im just wondering if maybe there are some specific foods or exerises to held the process along. You will seeing a lot of questions about helping me get pregnant so please give me everything you've got! It would be greatly appriciated!! Thanks!

arkelly2188

Asked by arkelly2188 at 11:44 AM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• My first advice would be to go to the doctor. You never know maybe it is just stress that both of you want a baby and it is not happening. If you are not ready to see a doctor, try to put a pillow on your bottom when having sex and don't get up after sex for at least 1 hour. So the sperms have time to get there. lol. Best wishes for both of you!!
    bratgirln1

Answer by bratgirln1 at 12:56 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Thanks!! :)
    arkelly2188

Comment by arkelly2188 (original poster) at 1:01 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I have heard (but don't know if it works) that taking Robitussin on fertile days helps boost mucus and therefore aid in insemination. You might want to give that a try.

Other than that I don't know any tricks. Good luck!
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 4:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Thanks! :)
    arkelly2188

Comment by arkelly2188 (original poster) at 5:06 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Get the online book, Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It is awesome and packed full of tips to get pregnant, foods to eat/avoid, vitamins you could try, supplements, help with charting and determining your fertile days based upon cervical mucus. This book came highly recommended from many on this website and I read it and found out things that have helped DH and I to conceive TWICE! We had been trying for 9 years and had been told that we had unexplained infertility. I had clear fallopian tubes back in 2001 when we couldn't get pregnant after 2 years. Now, after 7 more years, I had the HSG test done again and I now have one blocked fallopian tube, yet I got pregnant twice! (sadly m/c both times) but I don't seem to have difficulty getting pregnant now.
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 7:54 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• WoW!! Thanks miraclewaits!! And everyone else as well!!
    arkelly2188

Comment by arkelly2188 (original poster) at 9:16 PM on Feb. 10, 2011