Does anyone do Netflix through a Wii system?

We got a Wii for Christmas and the person who gave it to us told us we could use it with Netflix. I'm not savvy (I'm just now jumping into the 21st century) about this kind of thing so I was wondering if anyone who does this could help me out. Do we need anything more than the Wii, any more equipment, any new cables? I looked at the Netflix website but I wanted to know from someone who has experience with it.

Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Technology

• You don't even need the Netflix disk any longer. Your Wii has to be hooked up to the internet and then you download the Wii Netflix Channel on to the internet channel of the Wii. My kids watch instant play Netflix all the time on the Wii.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:49 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• nope, but netflix will send you a disc you have to load on the wii then you can watch netflix on it
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:47 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• you need wifi. if you have a wireless router you're all set. just connect your wii to the internet, it has to be wifi because there is no ethernet jack, and find netflix in the wii store
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:49 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• yeah you don't need a netflix disk
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:50 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• You have to have internet access on your WII. SO you either need to connect it to the internet with a cable or buy a wireless router. Ours cost about $30 and it was just piece we connected to our DSL box. After it is connected to the internet, you have to go in and change your WII settings to accept internet. Sign up with netflix and they will send you a disk.

We watch netflix on our Wii every, single day.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:51 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Thanks ladies.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:51 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:51 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• When we set it up a year ago you needed a disk, but I guess you no longer do.

Hooray for Netflix!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:52 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I have both a Wii and PS3 and just put Netflix on my PS3. All you need is WiFi with a wireless router and then go to your settings and then it will ask for your WiFi passcode and it will download it to your Wii.
    I enjoy watching movies this way and my little one watches cartoons this way.
    Good luck!!
    dana63

Answer by dana63 at 11:56 AM on Feb. 10, 2011