Does this make me selfish?

I am 17 weeks and 2 days today. I was just wondering if this makes me selfish. Im already kinda depressed about how my body is going to look after the baby is born. I know I can get it back but I guess I'm just wondering if my body already changed this much, how is it going to look later? I am more then excited for my baby to come... I couldnt be happier. Just wanna know if anybody else went through this.

newmom07142011

Asked by newmom07142011 at 11:49 AM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Your body is changing and you have no control over it.  It can be very scary.  I see nothing wrong with wondering about it and I don't think it's selfish.  Selfish would be starving yourself because your worried about weight gain.  I think it's normal to wonder how your body will look afterwards.  Just remember that your hormones are in overdrive, cut yourself some slack, and try to find joy in your changing body.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:54 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• no its not selfish. caring about how you look is important. you can get it back. i got huge and i got it back. just relax. you're not selfish for wanting to be a hot mom
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:57 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I think all women have some worry about how our bodies will be after. As long as you are doing everything to ensure a healthy baby your good.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 11:57 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• It's not selfish.
    But your body is going to change.
    What you can do is eat right and even do a bit of exercise during your pregnancy. That should help keep you from gaining extra weight and when the time comes it'll help you get your pre baby body back.
    My youngest is almost 8 months old and because of a healthy diet and exercise I am now smaller than I was when I got pregnant with my first! :-)
    SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 12:02 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• just eat healthy and exersize and you will be fine you can always lose weight after he or she is born
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 12:04 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• OMG darling, i went 8 1/2 months before seeing 1 stretch mark. I thought i was home free. But nope, within the next month...those stretch marks took over my tummy.

Honey, i SOBBED! I was only 20 years old. The thought of having these ugly scars on my hot body terrified me. But, i embraced them. I consider them my battle scars & i now wear them proudly.

Maybe you won't get any, but you will accept your new body. AND, you don't have to change that much, Your hips might get bigger, but that is sexy. You could possibly look the exact same as before you gave birth. It's not common, but i think it is possible. Just stay super hydrated for your skin's sake & eat super healthy. Walk a lot & embrace your pregnancy, it's one of the most beautiful times in a woman's life.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:31 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• the hormones cause a lot of thoughts to go through your head you need a good support system at home or with your friends to help bring your mind to a good place..if you dont have that then sit and look at all the good things that are going to come from your body changing, your baby is growing and being healthy and when he or she is done growing you are not going to worry so much about your body but about that adorable little one that is going to be depending on you to take care of them..when you get to all that your body should be the least of your worries but i would definitely talk it out and see what your doctor has to say..he or she will probably tell you that you are perfectly normal and that you will be fine..which is TRUE!!! you are not going to be a freak of nature and you are going to be beautiful the further along you get :)
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 12:35 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Not selfish at all! I know a lot of women say they feel so much prettier while being pregnant...but I just can't bring myself to see that in me. I just feel huge and see all these stretch marks and wonder how I will ever be able to wear a bikini again. I just keep telling myself that right now I need to focus on the baby and when the baby is out...I'll get back on that tread mill and have the best looking body around (:
    kristina.de

Answer by kristina.de at 10:06 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Your concern is natural, but you have to take the bad w/ the good. What's more important? A healthy baby or your body?
    Make sure you eat well/right, drink lots of water, walk every day & maybe some other activities too--these all mean the lesser the amt of changes you will have & the better your body will work for the L&D.
    After the baby is born, get back into the activity as quickly as you can to help your shape & your mood.
    BF the baby--it takes more cal to produce a good milk supply than to have the baby inside! so this can be a very positive thing for losing excess wt.
    suemayonline

Answer by suemayonline at 9:37 AM on Feb. 11, 2011