• In the Spotlight:

Do we all not have a right to state our personal opinions on cafemom??

This is a response to all of you who got offended with my post yesterday on style & beauty about women who say they dont need makeup but in my opinion they do. First of all let me say that I have a right as well as all of you to say and comment on things i see on here. I made a generalized comment and did not mention any names therefore, if anyone felt what i said hit close to home , then that sounds more like a personal issue , not my problem. I was told i didnt have a right to say what i said and if you ask me i have just as much of a right to say what i feel as anyone else. I clearly stated that i think SOME women who say they dont need makeup , do need it, again PERSONAL OPINION. If you dont like what i say , please by all means dont bother to comment. As a beauty pageant judge for years i do tend to be judgemental on what beauty is , It comes as a natural instinct to me and when i see someone saying something as crazy as "i dont need makeup" , apparently because they think they are perfect then yes i will say how i feel even if it comes off as offensive to some. You can say i am vain , thats fine i get paid very well for it so ill take the name and wear it proudly. Some said what's on the inside is what counts and i 100% agree with that statement , but we were not on that topic , style and beauty is about your appearance and thats exactly what i touched on. I feel some of you were hypocritical , you were upset that i was being judgemental but you tuned around and did worse, not only were you judging my character , which you know nothing about, you were also saying nasty things to me , which showed how much class you ladies have. I made a statement all you had to do was agree or disagree , nothing major , instead you all decided to throw rocks at me and even say things that were totally irrelevant to what i said... One of you even went as far as to say i look like an ogre and an overworked hooker , lmao ( JEALOUSY is the ugliest trait!) that really had me rolling on the floor laughing, thank you i bet your husband would disagree sweetie :) . If women were more confident and cared about their appearance more , maybe there would be less infidelity in marriages, again thats my opinion. So with that said , i will end this by saying Kick rocks haters <3

MsBrazil86

Asked by MsBrazil86 at 11:54 AM on Feb. 10, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Why is this question getting so much attention?
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:57 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Confidence comes from within, not from make up.  Yes, you are entitled to your opinion.  Just as others are entitled to bash the hell out of you for it. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:56 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• If you dont like what i say , please by all means dont bother to comment.

Doesn't work that way - just as you are entitled to an opinion, so is everyone else. If you don't want people to respond to things you say, write them in journals where you can delete the comments.

If someone is personally attacking you, report them, but you aren't entitled to not be disagreed with.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:57 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• In all fairness to EVERYONE who responded to your post yesterday...you DID say "feel free to comment or bash. Your choice." So, that's just what people did. Yes, you have a right to your opinion. So does everyone else. You posted a comment (not a question, BTW) and opened the door to freedom of speech and opinion. And, now, you're upset because people did just that?
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:59 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• i say who cares, let it go.....some women don't need makeup and are naturally beautiful, just becaue you're not dosen't mean that they aren't either :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:57 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Apparently not if it differs from yours.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• You will get back what you dish out.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 12:01 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Josiesmommy00 is right!!!! Good answer!!!! U poster need to stop bashing women for their opinions!! Some women r naturally pretty!! Not everyone needs or like to wear makeup.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:01 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Whatever. You are obviously a drama queen.

vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:26 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• There is no possible reason for you to have posted that unless you were hoping to stir up heated responses. You got exactly what you asked for.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 12:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2011