How would I know if I was pregnant while using Mirena?

Besides the obvious going and taking a pregnancy test, does anyone know how I would tell if I was pregnant with mirena in place. I do not have a period ever. I do not have any morning sickness or anything like that, and I never did even when I was pregnant. I just am feeling a little off and I dont want to go take a pregnancy test everytime I feel a little off, if that makes sense. Has anyone had any experiences with Mirena failing, or does anyone have any stories of this happening to someone?

mitchellb

Asked by mitchellb at 11:56 AM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Health

• If the mirena is placed correctly, there is only a 0.001 chance of pregnancy, which is like 1 in like 1,000,000. Not only that, if an egg happens to be fertilized, it would not survive with that device in there. Your uterus would most likely eject it out of your body through miscarriage.

If you're so worried about getting pregnant on Mirena, then why don't you use back up birth control like condoms.

Mirena does have hormones in it & can make you a "little off", i have it & sometimes i even get pregnancy symptoms when i am ovulating. But, i do get a very light flow...so i know when I'm having my period. I'm not worried about getting prgnant though. I love it & will have another inserted as soon as my 5 years are up.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:23 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Sorry really a pregnancy test would be the only way to know for sure. Dollar stores sell them so at least it would be a cheap option!

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 12:14 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• make an appt to make sure that would be the best way to determine if you are pregnant.
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 10:02 PM on Feb. 10, 2011