Do you have words/phrases that you use in the replace of curse/vulgar words/phrases?

I do. Instead of saying OMG, I say Oh dear George and shoot a monkey (I'm not sure where that came from but I use it a bunch).

mommy_jules

Asked by mommy_jules at 11:57 AM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I said shit so much that I constantly heard my 5 and 3 year old repeating it.  I changed shit to crap.  They don't like crap but they stopped saying shit.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:58 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• not really no- and growing up- we were not really allowed to say words in place of other words like that...at least nothing anywhere even close to the one we meant.

they are just words. I have issues with words used in a mean way rather than just swearing- like calling people names or pttuing someone down THOSE my kids get in trouble for
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• My 2 faves:
    Sugar Plum Fairies
    Holy Cow
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 12:58 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I used to use "sugar" but I cleaned that up even more and now say "goodness gracious" which sounds really cute coming out of my 2 year olds mouth! And I say "John Brown" although I'm not sure why - that's from my mom.

Answer by missanc at 11:59 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I tend to say "Holy Cats" a lot. I did this before I had my son and I don't know why.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 12:06 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I say "Shite" (not much of a replacement, I know- especially if you're across the pond). And often I will spout a bunch of nonsense gibberish when I hurt myself.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 12:09 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• freakin' (you know)
    fudge
    oh, ''freak''!
    crap, but it's hard to replace the original word.
    shut your trap
    shut your pie-hole
    could you just shut - it !!!!!!

when they were little it was more tamed, like instead of..... "shut - it", I'd say shhhhhh, shush, ok, let's use our indoor voices, you know like the pre-school would do.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 12:22 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• ~~*Doodle*~ is the one I use the most! And although people look at me like a prude, I know in my heart, my kids will be innocent longer, have actual childhoods, and less likely to curse in public so I look like I am on the other end of the spectrum... Hahahaha
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• In stead of saying OMG, I say Oh My Gosh & when I hurt my self I say a bunch of gibberish too because I don not want our children cussing - my husband does it too, his main one when he gets hurt is Gosh Darn It!!!lol
    Ellie15

Answer by Ellie15 at 1:05 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I was raised not to say the F word. If we said fart we got in trouble. lol I use made up words or say God help me not to cuss. I heard a lady say sh*t in church a couple of weeks ago and everyone pretended they didn't notice. I couldn't hold back the laugh. I don't think she even realized she said it.
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 1:12 PM on Feb. 10, 2011