Will the GD worries lessen as I get closer??

I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes at 28 weeks and am now on insulin twice a day to help but i have yet to get over all the fears i have about it. Will it ever get easier before the baby comes??

ahsot1230

Asked by ahsot1230 at 12:05 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Im sure in time that it will get easyer just think of how its helping you and the baby to be taking your med
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 12:07 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I had gestational diabetes with my twins, but was able to control it without insulin through a strict diet. Did you first try to control your glucose with diet only?

My numbers during my test were pretty bad, but I kept my glucose between 85 and 120 by keeping carbs to a minimum, and never going over 20 grams at once sitting ever.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 1:25 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I had GD with my first pregnancy (though mine was diet controlled). I did worry a lot when I first found out...I was scared I'd have a 10 pound baby or bigger since that's typically what the biggest side effect is. But I kept my blood sugar as low as I could & watched what I ate. After a while, it was second nature to me, so I didn't really think of it too much. It was always in the back of my mind, but it didn't stress me out the whole time.

The only other time I worried was after he was born & testing to see if it was really GD or if it was them detecting that I actually had diabetes.
    MamaBloom777

Answer by MamaBloom777 at 3:00 PM on Feb. 10, 2011