Teas, walking, sex, nipple stimulation... What other ways can you jump start labor?

I'm not pregnant, but a friend of mine is (I'm going to be her labor coach) and I'm trying to help her come up with ways to try to get things moving before Tuesday (her doctor is going to induce then because she's having some minor problems and it's near her due date). I know that black and blue cohosh are supposed to help, walking, sex (which is out of the question for her because the father abandoned her when she found out she was pregnant), and nipple stimulation... Anything else?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 12:07 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• have her try spicy food...i had a friend of mine think it was heartburn but she went into labor from it
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 12:09 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I was told walkking up and down steps help
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 12:09 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Just keep in mind that none of these things will work if her body isn't ready for labor yet.
    MichaelsMom330

Answer by MichaelsMom330 at 12:14 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• ~~*Giggles*~... I remember those days... half the responses I would get I would have to wonder if I was trying to go into labor or make a porn movie... Hahaha

Just keep in mind the baby will come when they are ready! this I know because 2 of my kids were scheduled and came before the date I chose!!! LOL
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:17 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Take an off-roading jeep ride!
    kristina.de

Answer by kristina.de at 10:00 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• She could try acupressure or massage (there are pressure points that may jump start things)
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 12:10 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• We both know and understand that baby will come when he's ready, she's just trying to see if she can get things moving because she does NOT want to be induced by her doctor.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 12:38 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Just wait it out, when that baby is awake 4 times a night she'll want all those extra days back.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 12:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2011