How do i deal with the fact that my soon to be 8 year is gonna be in the hospital for a while??He's been there for 3 weeks already and he's getting worse

How do i deal with the fact that my soon to be 8 year is gonna be in the hospital for a while??He's been there for 3 weeks already and he's getting worse...

Christinec777

Asked by Christinec777 at 12:15 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• whats wrong with him? im sorry i hope he gets better
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:17 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Im so sorry to hear about your son Christinec777! I will give you a bump in hopes someone will be able to provide you with the answer you need! GL and I hope things take a turn for the better!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 12:19 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• i am sorry i hope he gets better, sending prayers to your family. i wish i had a answer i will give you a bump
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 12:21 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Without more information I don't know what to say.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:25 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• How can I help? What is wrong with your son? I know scary. My oldest was in a childrens hospital here and did not know what was wrong with her and she even had surgury. She did get better and it was a case of mrsa. I know hard but hang in there cause he needs you. lean on family, friends, one day at a time. I will hope you let us all know what happens. Just being there is hard but the right thing to do and things will get easier I am sure. Hope he gets well soon.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 12:29 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• OMG!!! I know how scary that is! What is wrong with him?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• He has been having some fits that have really gotten out of hand he was at school when got upset started hitting his head on the wall trashing the class room ,broke some glass and cut up his hands and when the teachers aid tryed to stop him he hit her in th face..They tryed to get him out of the class room and take him out side at that point he ran away from the school .I was at home when all this happend i got the phone call left and i got to him befor anyone els did.He was 3 blocks away from the school when i got to him noone els was any were close to him.
    Christinec777

Comment by Christinec777 (original poster) at 12:43 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• ~*Hugs*~... if he's been committed just know that for starters they will get to the core of his issues, and try and back off, and take this time as a way to get things back in order at home?
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:54 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• good luck, I know these things can be scary
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 3:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Oh my goodness! I am so sorry you and your son are going through this. I assume that the hospital is probably the best place for him because they can identify and hopefully solve whatever the problem is for your little guy.

I haven't experienced this, so I don't really know what advice to give. I will pray for you though.

I think I would try to keep reminding myself that something was obviously not OK and now he is somewhere that he can get help. That's a positive thing. Visit as much as you can and remind him as often as possible that you love him and want the best for him.

Also, given the description you gave I wonder if maybe he is acting out as a result of some sort of trauma? If you think this may be the case, you could try getting him a psychologist, but they will probably do that in the hospital anyway. Lots of love and hugs can't hurt.
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 9:28 PM on Feb. 10, 2011