Is this okay with you or does it bother you.

I remember when i was in high school that the army or military, or navy, i'm not sure which one would come to the school and set up a table and try to get kids to join. It always bothered me. They would always try and stop you going down the isel, and get you to sign something. And i always beleived never to sign anything for people like that because then you will be stuck in the army even if you thought it was just informational. If you have kids in highschool is it okay with you that they do this or does it bother you. Maybe it bothers me b/c i'm not in the army/military or anything at all and i don't want to be. So bash away at that if you want. I just want to know if there are others out there that it bothers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it bothers me to a point just becuz some of those kids think thats there only choice is to join. I was a army wife and its not all bad and they have to recruite but sometimes i think they are to pushy.
    Anonymous

• It doesn't bother me at all. I think it's just like anyone else that comes to the school to inform the student of other careers out there. I def wouldn't encourage my child to sign anything without reading the info thoroughly though. But picking up info or talking to a recruiter is alright. I don't have anything against it.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:01 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• It doesn't bother me, my son wants to join the military.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 2:01 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Also ladies. I actually didn't mean to post this in here. I meant for it to go in the politcs and current events or somewhere. But now i can't figure out how to change it. Sorry
    Anonymous

• It bothers me! It's like high pressure sales! Not all kids think things through before they do things! I have nothing against the military! I have two brothers in the Military! And my father was also! But it's not for everyone! It's a huge descision for a kid to make alone! Can a kid enlist in the military before the age of 18 without a parents consent?
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 2:08 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• well my son is only two but i do remember when i was in h.s and it never did bother me.. actually i think we are going to push my son to join...the army as he gets older.
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 2:10 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• They weren't any more pushy than the college recruiters at my school. I think it's important that kids have all of their options laid out in front of them. And signing something at the school will not get them enlisted, there is a much longer physical and mental testing process they need to go through first...I know, because I did it. I joined the Army when I was 19, having been interested all throughout high school. I was discharged from boot camp with an injury that would keep me from serving, but the little experience I had was definitely worth it!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• It doesn't bother me anymore than the political supporters that go speak at the high school. It's just another venue for them to speak out and be heard, and hopefully get converts. I never remembered them coming to my school (but I'm 50 now). I do remember them coming to my kids school. My son did take the test. They called me with his results and how wonderful, blah blah blah. I told them to put it all in writing....all these wonderful things they were going to give him. Nope, they wouldn't. Okay, sorry....he went to college instead.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:18 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• BABIES AGE 0-12 MONTHS11!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• not unless i was there.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 2:26 PM on Nov. 17, 2008