Failing GD test....

If you failed your test did they let you know right away? Or did they let you know at your next appointment?

Melbornj

Asked by Melbornj at 12:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• When I had mine done, they had the answers right away and told me that I needed to come back for the 3 hour test but to fast and all that... I don't think of it as failing. And i don't think eating a cookie would change your results that much unless you were truly borderlined.
    kristina.de

Answer by kristina.de at 9:55 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• but dont look at it as failing...thats what i did and i have not gotten over that yet and im 33 weeks...look at it as your body not wanting to do what its supposed to do..you didnt do anything to effect the outcome so its not you failing at anything
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 12:40 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I would say you should call your doctor's head nurse today and tell her you ate a cookie because you just weren't thinking. It's not a big deal. just ask to have the 1 hour test re done. I think it's silly to NOT tell them and wait for your doctor to tell you the results of a test you know aren't 100% accurate.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 12:57 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• they send the results to your doctor and he or she will tell you at your next appointment
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 12:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• No I ate a cookie during the test so I did do something to effect the outcome because I was never told not to eat and my little ones were snacking so I just ate one of theirs. It wasn't until I was driving home that I realized what I had done. So I think I pretty much set myself up for failure. I have been pregnant 4 times before this and passed. I just don't want to take the 3 hour one.
    Melbornj

Comment by Melbornj (original poster) at 12:44 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I can't just call my doctor or even a nurse, I wish the military were that easy. It pretty much takes an act of congress to get anything to her without being at an actual appointment. I have an appointment Tuesday so I think I am just going to wait it out.
    Melbornj

Comment by Melbornj (original poster) at 12:59 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• They told me right away. If you have GD, then it's important for you to get on the diet and start limiting your sugar intake asap.

Answer by missanc at 1:05 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• if you cant get a hold of your doctor..military or not..thats not a good thing i would tell her when you go that you ate the cookie..i never had the one hour test just the 3 hour its not that bad really you just get tired of getting stuck with needles...but dont worry yourself over it at all she may ask you why it high this time and not the previous 3 then she may schedule you another one hour test...but dont stress it just let her know when you go on tuesday
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 1:10 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• It is not the needles or time I am worried about it is dragging my three kids into the lab again for three hours this time.
    Melbornj

Comment by Melbornj (original poster) at 1:19 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• With my first pregnancy, I failed the GD test & the called me with the results right away so I could change my diet & get the blood sugar monitor asap. With this pregnancy, I passed the test & they waited until my next appt to tell me.
    MamaBloom777

Answer by MamaBloom777 at 2:55 PM on Feb. 10, 2011