Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Income Taxes

Can the state take your taxes for child support just like the IRS can

Answer Question

Asked by snuggle01 at 12:48 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Money & Work

Level 4 (48 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Yes. If you owe money for child support usually the IRS is informed and they take it. Some states will also however take your state income tax returns for child support under certain circumstances. Either way you will have gotten a notice of some sort telling you that you owe money and if it is not paid they would seize your returns.

    Answer by gemgem at 12:50 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

  • yes they can, but you do get a notice before they do, usually come along the same time w-2s do.


    Answer by IraqiVetWife at 1:04 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

  • Sure.

    Answer by UpSheRises at 2:01 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

  • Absolutely.

    Answer by August07Mom at 2:55 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.