Moving during the school year........

We are going to be moving in or around April which leaves my little kindergartner with about 2-3 months left of school. We have a general idea of where we are moving but not a city or neighborhood. So we have two options. 1 being that I home school her for the rest of the year, we buy a house and she is put into school next year. 2 We place her in a school, we buy a house and she will have to switch schools again next year. She is upset about leaving her friends and her teachers and I don't want her to have to go through separation again. Plus I am a bit nervous about the quick transition between half days to full days. I just want to set her up to succeed in any way that I can. So what would you do? Completely disregard the options I am missing and let me know if there is another one. Thanks for any help!!

Melbornj

Asked by Melbornj at 12:48 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in

• Whatever you decide- she will be fine...little ones don't have as big of a problem with moves as WE think (trust me we have moved MANY times)...it's a lot harder the older they get

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:41 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I wouldn't worry about changing schools; I was a military brat and had 4 elementary schools within one school year. If anything, it helped me gain confidence and independence. If you deal with any move like a fun adventure, your child will pick up on it and be excited. If it were me, I would enroll her in school after you move, and then in a different school later if need be.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:03 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

Next question in
5.Did you know?

Next question overall (Money & Work)
Income Taxes