Is it normal that my 3.5 month old all of a sudden started to get dark brown stool and feeling very colicy? Thank you!

Dear Moms, my 3.5 months old baby used to be fed 90% breast milk. About two weeks ago my milk practically disappeared (for unnknon for me reason) and I started giving more and more formula (we use similac advance). And everything seemed fine - she liked this formula. About three days ago my baby became very fussy in the evenings. It is obvious she was experiencing colics. It's been 3 days. Also, her stool became very dark brown instead of typical mustard color. Is it normal and what should I do? Would switching to Similac sensitive formula help? Thank you!

olivia101510

Asked by olivia101510 at 12:48 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I also supplement with formula, my dd stool is a very dark green color. I think it's normal at this age for the stool to start changing. They are also less frequent. I think it is normal.
    tnunley

Answer by tnunley at 2:24 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Thank you!
    olivia101510

Comment by olivia101510 (original poster) at 2:30 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I think by 3-4 months you're out of the colic stage so that's probably not it. I switched my DS from BF to formula and for a while he was very fussy, but did get over it.
    Samie8183

Answer by Samie8183 at 2:57 PM on Feb. 10, 2011