Renters....how did you find your home?

We are looking to move closer to my husband's work. How did you find your home? Any tips for finding a home (to rent)?

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 12:55 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Home & Garden

• We found ours through our realtor who sold our house. We were looking for something rather temporary which made it really hard for us.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:00 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• We were actually just driving around, and saw the sign for our house on a telephone pole. Came and looked in the windows, called our landlady, and we've been here almost 9 years.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 1:04 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• When I rented, I found it by a big "For Rent" sign in the front yard of the house.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 3:02 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I never rented, I only bought. Started with a condo, sold that andmoved to a townhouse, and then after marrying my husband, we sold his townhouse, lived in mine for 2 years while looking. We ended up building our current single home.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:21 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Craigslist, news paper, friends, realtors web sites!! My mom found my current place out of the news paper!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:07 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Craigslist.
    The last place we had before this we found in the classifieds of the local paper.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:46 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• My husband is military, so we have rented a lot. There are a few different websites online, rent.com, realtor.com & rentals.com. There are also websites that are specific to the area you are looking to rent in. I would do an internet search on either Google or Bing and just type in 'rentals in ____' and fill in whichever city you are looking to rent. From there you can find the websites that would be specific to your area. Good luck!
    Blakesmommy0907

Answer by Blakesmommy0907 at 11:01 AM on Feb. 16, 2011