Did you turn into your mom?

Don't get me wrong, I love and respect my mom very much but didn't want to turn out like her, every once in a while I realize that I sound like my mom, especially when I scold my kids.
Did you turn into your mom? Did you want to?

Lornamay

Asked by Lornamay at 2:04 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Ha! Unfortunately, I am my mom reincarnated!!!!! I love my mom, but just like you, didn't necessarily like the idea of being just like her! But, you take the good with the bad. I try to realize the things that I didn't really like about the way she did things and change those, but the ones that I did like, I keep those closer to my heart as a mommy. It's like that poem that children live what they learn. You learned your mom and you have picked up her personality as a mom.
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 2:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Oh my God YESSSSS
    never thought I would...but she is one the most strongest person in the world that I know!
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:06 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Partly, and partly I changed what I didn't like when I was growing up.

Answer by Bmat at 2:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• In some ways I did, and I catch myself and giggle about it. In some ways I made concerted efforts not to be like her. Nobody's all bad or all good.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• No, I didn't. My mother lived dependently on men, if not then on social programs. She did not discriminate (couldn't judge) from wrong people to the right ones. To add further, my mother never acquired the free enterprising state of mind, she was always help-dependent. I was always made fun off from school peers because my mother could not relate, was always clueless. I dressed funny and was dirty (and spoke with a foreign accent). So I really had to burn through life's furnace without any support. My mistakes affected me deeper than many people can relate, even small mistakes. Fortunately, none were life mistakes. So this is the reason I think on efficiency more than idealist, even if I get persecuted for it.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 2:14 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• sticking out tongueI sure as heck hope not. My mother's #1 skill is that she can out-curse a sailor.

FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 2:17 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• no no no no!!! my mom was a terrible mother.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 2:25 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I surely hope not. But on the rare occation I do here her comming out of my mouth. Then I go puke. My mother was just terrible! Abusive! Nasty!! and Hateful!!!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:28 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• A little.... I catch myself doing and saying things that she would do, but she's a doormat! I refuse to let people walk all over me like that!

BlueSaphire, I'm sorry your childhood was like that! Learn from your past, right! Sounds like you have!! <3
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 2:29 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• My mom was a great mother. When I hear her voice coming out of my mouth, I have hope that I might not be so bad.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:48 PM on Nov. 17, 2008