Do you think this bailout has turned into a huge joke and just another guaranteed paycheck to these top bank executives?

I know I'm probably going to get bashed and I haven't researched it I have just been listening on the news, I can't believe these bailouts are funding payroll packages and aquisitions, and now if we bailout the big 3, 25 billion is going to go to payroll and retirement benefits. Don't get me wrong these people deserve this money but the airline employees got the big bendover when their airlines went thru restructuring, I just can't get past this. I really want to hear how this is supposed to fix our struggling economy when it's just insuring the rich bank execs keep getting their paychecks and a poorly manage auto manufacturer who can't guarantee any more sales with a bailout will just make sure there retirees keep getting paid.

SheriSanchez

Asked by SheriSanchez at 2:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I found it f--king hilarious how they said it was to bail out the wall street mess, yet now it's like they've got all this money and no clue what they want to do with it... like you just found a $100 bill on the road and were like... hmmm... what do I buy first, SHOPPING SPREE!!! That's how I see it anyway. And then they all come out of the woodworks wanting their "piece of the pie". A joke, in my opinion a HUGE joke and it's a shame that it's at our expense.
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 2:20 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Hell, you won't here me bash you! I am sick to death of the bailout. The Big 3 ought to file bankruptcy and restructure. Thanks Unions! Drive up cost, drive down cross training, push for little changes in the automotive emissions so you can except more money for your lobby and kill the American car.

Not all unions are bad, but the UAW ought to be ashamed. The Big 3 ought to be ashamed.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 2:22 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• The government throwing money at this problem won't make it go away, it will just prolong the failing of the Big3. If the Unions hadn't gotten out of control with the hourly pay and benefits for the employees and the top execs wouldn't have been so greedy themselves they might not be in such a bad position. The fact that they haven't had more competitive designs for fuel efficient cars is also a big problem of theirs.

Anonymous

• http://blogs.moneycentral.msn.com/topstocks/?fpn=chrysler%20gives%20bonuses%20asks%20for%20bailout>1=33009

Chrysler just paid $30 Million in bonuses to it's top executives THIS MONTH.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 2:25 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Exactly my points why won't the government listen to us, enough already let them file bankruptcy and restructure like every other company has to do.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 2:33 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I've been thinking about this for a long time, and I agree with you about it being a joke.

It's sad :( Whatever, maybe at least somebody's kids will have a good Christmas this year.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:34 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• The money will most likely go to the UAW and the Execs. Obama owes the Unions a *thank you* for his election, so you know he will only encourage.
    Anonymous

• Cait, I totally know what you mean, I'm not sure how to even get thru the end of November without falling behind more, much less Christmas, bailing out the Big 3 and big bank execs isn't going to help my company make ends meet or make the average consumer whose struggling to make ends meet able to afford a different vehicle much less a new one and that's if you can find a bank to approve it.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 2:40 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• SOOOO, The Million.. errr I mean BILLION DOLLAR Question:

How many of you have written/called your congressman about this issue?

The Democrats are in FAVOR, most of the Republicans are against, which is one reason why they haven't done it anything yet...
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5i4x5-BbpSG3C76vB-ZL9gUaNT50A

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

hahahahah.....hhahahahah.....hahahaha roflmao. Government AND listen....to US? hahaha yea right. And I play with unicorns on a daily basis. The gov't doesn't give a f**K about us. Is this not clear to anyone already???? How much more proof do you need that you are nothing here. The government wouldn't dare to help bailout allllll of the country's citizens who are financially in trouble. Nope, why help the hand that keeps your pockets filled with gold?
    Anonymous