DID MY SON'S DAYCARE DID TEH RIGHT THING?

I WANTED TO KNOW IF THE DAYCARE MY SON IS AT DID THE RIGHT THING. MY SON IS 3 1/2 YEARS OLD. HE HAD NEVER BEEN PLACED IN A DAYCARE ALWAYS WITH ME AT HOME OR EITH GRANDMA. HE DOES NOT SEPAK ENGLISH AND EVER SINCE HIS LITTLE SISTER WAS BORN ( 1 YEAR OLD NOW) HIS BEHAVIOR HAS BEEN MORE DIFFICULT. STARTING HIS SECOND WEEK ON MON HE SCRATCHED A YOUNGER BOY ( MY SON WAS PUT IN A ROOM WITH SMALLER CHILDREN TO GIVE HIM TIME TO ADAPT BEFORE HE COULD JOOIN HIS GROUP AGE BECAUSE "HE CANNOT FUNCTION" YET). tHIS THURS HE DID IT AGAIN AND I WAS TOLD HE WANTS TO BE IN CONTROL AND WANTS PEOPLE TO DO WHAT HE WANTS. HE WONT'S LET MS. LINA (PERSON TAKING CARE OF THE,) LEAVE TEH ROOM OR OPEN THE DOOR S OTHER STAFF CAN COME IN. HWBYU THE WAY HE IS PUT WITH HIS LITTLE SISTER IN THE SAME ROOM. SO HE WAS EXPELLED AND I WAS ADVICED TO SEEK COUNSELING FOR HIM.

ianna

Asked by ianna at 1:22 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think they did the best that they could seems like his behavior became intolerable now it is your job as a parent to step in and help resolve the issues maybe he is not getting enough attention and acting out is the only way to get the attention that he wants or needs

ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 1:25 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• They have a lot of early childhood training- so if they se behavior that warrants that suggestion, I would listen. What can it hurt? He may be having behaviors for lots of different reasons, but I'd guess it's due to having difficulty adjusting to all these changes in his life. So he acts out when he cant control even a little part of it. I'd let him do a few sessions to see if they can help. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:26 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• They have to watch out for the other little ones in the day care and cannot cater to just one child. It seems as if they handled it in the best way that they could.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:27 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• he does not speak english? does his daycare speak his language? he maybe frustrated about not being to communicate.
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 1:41 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• they placed him with someone who speaks spanish that is why i think he is attached to her and is afraid of leaving that room
    ianna

Comment by ianna (original poster) at 1:50 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I've taken a few ECE classes and there are ways to help a child accomadate to a new enviroment. Maybe that daycare did the best they could. Try another daycare and explain what happened with the first place. Maybe they have some different ideas they can use that will help your son better adjust to being in a daycare center and around other kids.

myree85

Answer by myree85 at 2:19 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• A) he needs to be taking English lessons. That is likely the root of his issue, fear, frustration, and anger about not being able to communicate.
    B) if he was violent, they have to protect the other children. They have no choice but to take him out of the program.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:19 PM on Feb. 10, 2011