The question for the day!!

My son will be 3 in march, He will ask questions.. and we'll say no sometimes.. Then he keeps asking. do i keep saying no. then he starts winning and getting mad. What do i do?

Ignoring.. how do you ignore your child??? seriously

Mrs.Ro

Asked by Mrs.Ro at 1:35 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• what kind of questions? is he asking to do something and you tell him no? he probably just needs/wants more details! :)
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 1:37 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Let him cry it will teach him that despite the fact that he wants to cry about it will not get him what he wants

ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 1:40 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• He is probably testing your limits. I would stay firm with the no and ignore the whining.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 1:41 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I always just kept answering their questions. My kids would ask a million a day. Many repeated. I just kept giving the same answers. It was fun.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:46 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I would just suggest that he completly understands your decision and your reason behind it -- example -- "No, you can't play outside today honey because it is VERY VERY cold and that might make you sick -- Mommy would be so sad if you were sick -- and then you wouldn't be able to go to so-and-so's birthday party this weekend!" -- Sometimes it's exasperating to have to go to such detail explaining -- but it really helps my almost-4-year-old understand the why's. Good luck!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 2:02 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• My son dose that too I tried to ignore the questions after the 3rd time only to have him start ignoring my questions so I had to start putting him in time out for asking the same question over and over after getting a no.
    kadensmom04

Answer by kadensmom04 at 2:33 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• when my kids do it i just tell them to stop asking.. and the usually stop. and if they are crying for no real reason i ask them if they need a spanken... they say no and stop crying! lol it works out pretty good lol
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 1:06 AM on Feb. 13, 2011