As a believer have you or would you???? adult content

I am having mixed feelings about an order of adult toys my husband and I have. We believe that porn is an absolute wrong and will never have it in out home. But after having some "problems" we did order a few "things"..I am really torn about this and don't know what to do..This is a serious problem for me and would appreciate it being treated as so..I am looking for some real answers from other sisters in Chrsit..I need so guidance.

motherganey5

Asked by motherganey5 at 1:46 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• The only thing I could immediately think of that could be a problem is the company that such items are purchased from often sell pornography as well. If you are concerned about supporting that industry then that may be a concern for you but otherwise I don't know of anything other than personal conviction that could be a problem with this.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 3:46 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I am no longer a christian but when I was, we used adult toys. There is nothing wrong with enjoying sex with your husband. Sex is one way to show your love for him and making it enjoyable can only deepen your love with him. Wouldn't your god want that?
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 1:54 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Please don't be sad for me. I have never felt more at peace with my belief than I do now.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 2:23 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• we are all so flawed and even when we mean well and put our best "faces" on it's still flawed..even in the purest of hearts..."

THIS is sad.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 2:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• As long as you are both consentual to the use of toys, there is no problem. However I would never tell anyone to do anything they felt uncomfortable with.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 3:26 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Thank you. but how can you no longer be a Christian-we can not lose our salvation. Again, thank you and I do not mean to offend by asking about your salvation...
    motherganey5

Comment by motherganey5 (original poster) at 2:05 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I no longer believe in god. I'm not offended at all.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 2:09 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• That makes me very sad..I often have more questions then I do answers...but I do have peace in knowing God as creator and Lord..I do not look to people because we are all so flawed and even when we mean well and put our best "faces" on it's still flawed..even in the purest of hearts...Best to you.
    motherganey5

Comment by motherganey5 (original poster) at 2:19 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• "I do not look to people"

Then why are asking people to help you out?!!!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 2:28 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I didn't mean I don't look to people for guidance...I have searched the Bible for an answer on this subject and couldn't get a clear understanding. I do value the opinions of Godly woman....There are wonderful people saved and unsaved...I was talking about the Holiness of God...we are limited on what we can do and what we can understand...Everything that I am and all that I have is by God's grace...I was just looking for scripture that could help clarify this for me one way or the other because I don't want to sin against God..
    motherganey5

Comment by motherganey5 (original poster) at 3:06 PM on Feb. 10, 2011