Can i stop a period without birth control?? adult content

so this might sound like a dumb question but i have been bleeding for going on two mths and in the middle of the 2nd week of really heavy with all the works. i am so tired of it and would like to get rid of it lol. my husband got laid off and we lost our insurance and i cant afford it thru my work so i tried calling around but no one can help. one place told me that they would see me unless i wanted to be on BC and i dont really want to be. we would like another child some day and the last time i was on it, it took almost a year to get my periods back. please help if you can. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Health

• You need to see a doc to find out why you're bleeding so long!
    To answer your question,no
    Have you considered going to planned parenthood?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:50 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• no i didnt think of that. it just sucks cause i dont have insurance and to see my normal dr it would be close to 250 if not more. i will look into that. thanks.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• You've been bleeding for two months? That's not normal at all, you need to go to a clinic and get tested. Even if it's a free clinic, you need to be seen by a doctor. Other then a Hystorectomy (sp?) there is no other way to stop a period if you opt out of trying birth control.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:14 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Bleeding like that can be caused by stress. One time I had a super heavy period that lasted for 12 weeks. It was HORRIBLE! I was actually anemic because I was bleeding so much. I went to the doctor and he gave me some progesterone pills, my bleeding stopped for a few days, but as soon as I went off of it, I started bleeding again. As soon as the even I was stressing about was over, my period went away. My doc said that it is really common for women in really stressful situations to bleed like that. He said when he worked as an resident in a hospital in the projects, they had women come in all the time complaining of periods like that. The only thing to do about it is try ti relieve the stress.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:20 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• If you are generally healthy and this think it could be caused by stress, then you can work on relieving your stress. Walk 20 minutes everyday. Write a gratitude journal. Meditate when you feel stressed, concentrate on your breathing. Work on minimizing your stress. I find it immensely helpful to concentrate on the good when I am feeling too stressed. Our rent is paid this month, we have food to eat, we have tv and phone, we are warm and comfortable. These are the most important things and if you have them, then the rest is just gravy.

Good luck. You can pm me if you want to talk about anything :D
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:22 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• hmm...that probably is part of what it is then. i always have stress lol. we have a funeral in our town this weekend as well as a fam funeral and my husband is still off work and just some random stuff so i am really stretched thin but i will try to relieve some stress.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:23 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• When my doctor told me that I really just blew him off, but when my period from hell went away after the stressor was gone, I truly believe it would have helped me.

Good luck!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:29 PM on Feb. 10, 2011