It's just annoying

I work in a small doctors office ( nurse ) , this morning we had this really pretty woman come in, she was dressed really nice, had a nice big expensive looking purse, alot of makeup ( but looked nice), her hair was perfectly styled, and of course her nails were done ( you can tell they were done in a salon) ... I have to admit I was jealous and especially after I seen her HUGE wedding ring set... I mean I just assumed this lady must be loaded...

Then of course when going back over her paperwork I noticed she is on the PA insurance...I mean yeah I dont know her story but it obviously isnt that bad, and this just annoys me so much !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Just for Fun

• maybe she bought all that nice stuff before her or her husband fell victims to the recession?

please dont be so quick to judge or be "annoyed" by something so trivial. is this going to affect your sleep tonight or your life?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:52 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I agree. The necessities should come first....
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 1:52 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I really don;t think you job title is do judge what people should look like if they are on assistance..

i would also like to mention that we were once on PA when my husband lost his job.... I still did my hair and makeup everyday, I still wore nice clothes, I still had my nice bags, and yes my nails were even done ( my aunt owns her own salon and I was the "guinea pig" when they were trying to designs with the acrilic (sp) nails. .... Of course I also have a very large, sparkly wedding band set, I never thought that I would hae to take it off if we were on PA ... We were on it for 6 months and during that time the only " extra" thing I bought was a $2 can of hairspray every 2 months - everything else I had before he lost his job.... maybe this woman is the same way .
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 1:54 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• You shouldn't let that bother you personally -- Things are not always as they seem -- There could be MANY reasons she has that assistance. AND -- perhaps she buys her clothes at a thrift shop -- maybe she has a friend who does hair and/or nails -- maybe she sells makeup and therefore gets a HUGE discount.Perhaps the wedding set is a family heirloom? I wouldn't judge a book by it's cover.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 1:55 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I was a clerk for the state and had a hispanic lady come in for all benefits,i left for lunch and as i was leaving saw this same lady get into a lincoln truck,customized with her name in gold!!! There was more gold on that truck than i had ever seen she smiled and waved at me as if to say yeah look at me!She was not a citizen,but living the dream!!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 1:55 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• You need to go back to your nursing basics. Would florence nightingale make that comment?
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 2:34 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Don't be so quick to judge....I would hate to think my daughter's doctor office thought poorly of my for them having NY state health insurance. I adopted them through foster care as older children thus the state provides them health insurance. I know it is not the same thing as your situatiob but it is a reminder to not be so quick to judge and think badly of people ya know?
    Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 5:05 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I keep myself looking nice and I look as though I got my nails done at a salon (which I don't)...My hair is always done and I present myself with class. However I am broke and have health insurance through my state. It annoys ME when people assume I have money just because I take care of myself. To me...it's the people who DON'T take good care of themselves that work the system more than they should! Whether it's sympathy or what? I know people who have lots of money and dress as if they have NONE just so they can work the system. So, please...don't judge.
    mamastyles

Answer by mamastyles at 7:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Get over yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• hopefully her hubby brought it for her before things got bad economically.
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 3:05 PM on Feb. 11, 2011