Have you thought about your ex lately?

I've been married for 2 1/2 yrs, we have been together for 4. I totally gave up on thinking about my ex, then friend requested me on fb. I talked to the hubby about it and he said it was alright to friend him. It's weird, I think I need to stop talking to him but in a way it is comforting, like an old friend. He also makes me laugh. It's feel flirtatious but I know it won't go naywhere.

What to do.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• I'm newly married, 3 months. Out of the absolute blue my ex called me last week. It has been at least 3 years since we had spoken. I told him my husband wouldn't like it and got off the phone. Now it's like I can't help but think about my ex. I wouldn't recommend staying in contact... if one little call got my mind all jumbled I would stay away from further communication. Also, how would you feel if your husband was flirting with an ex on facebook?
    ConcernedMom141

Answer by ConcernedMom141 at 2:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I THINK ABOUT MINE EVERY DAY ABOUT WHAT A LOW LIFE HE IS.HOW HE HAS MADE OUR LIFES A LIVEING HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.
    Christinec777

Answer by Christinec777 at 2:17 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I am friends with several ex's none live local and I dont have anything but friendship with these guys. Being friends with guys is fine in my book~ and yes DH knows and is friends with some fo them as well no biggie dh trusts me I trust myself and everyone knows that I m married period
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 2:20 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I guess it depends on where you thoughts go with this ex? Do you have a thing for him still and wish you had never broke up? If so I think you might be treading on dangerous territory. But given you discussed with your dh and he said it was okay that says he trust you. I think you know deep down where this could end up based on how you feel about him, so if it is a temptation that could shake up your world and you are not willing to sacrafice that then I would not go there. But if it is innocent friendship that is simply just that then it can't hurt.
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 2:21 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• i think about an ex every now and again, he was my first, for everything. In my opinion as long as he doesn't make advances toward you then just let it be chatting on facebook. Make it known to him you love your family
    BrandonBearsMom

Answer by BrandonBearsMom at 2:23 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Lol i was kinda in the same situation about 2weeks ago,but it was my man that requested him...i was kinda excited to be honest...but i got rid of my fb...yes it will bring u some type of comfort but it could do some damge to ur marriage. U knw how guys are they dont like to admit if they are jealous. But think about it do u really believe hes ok with it? Would u be? I knw I wouldnt be.. U mentioned its flirtatious, how would u feel if it was ur husband sayn those things to his ex? Yes there was a time i would think about my ex, but thats it hes an ex. I made my choice to be with my husband, that means stop thinkn about the past and what could of been cause if u play with fire ur going to get burned and can end up thinking what it would have been.....it kinds of sound like ur getting emotionaly attached if so u might want to stop before u end up with mixed feelings...
    spanisheyes552

Answer by spanisheyes552 at 2:25 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• nope not at all
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 2:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Not until I read this question.We have been divorced for 47 years so that is old news.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 10:03 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I ran into my ex the other day, actually. Then I threw it in reverse and hit him again. (Ok, so that was just a fantasy lol.) I think about him every now and then, but not often. I have better things to do with my time than think about that loser.

As for your situation, it's natural to flirt with people. A lot of people flirt with guys and girls (even those who are straight) without realizing, just because that's their nature. However, if you even start to develop romantic feelings for him again, I would cut contact.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:35 PM on Feb. 10, 2011