Do you believe in Biocentrism? The theory that you will always exist ~

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-lanza/biocentrism-why-you-will-always-exist_b_820183.html

tasches

Asked by tasches at 2:07 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes. Perception is reality...i can't imagine not existing and i won't know when i no longer exist, which is about as close to eternity as you can get.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:10 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I'm not really that familiar with the Biocentrism theory, but I know that it's related to quantum physics. It seems to have some similarities to Buddhism, but as far as scientific theory goes, it could be flawed. I'm not sure without reading more about it in the future, but it's interesting to consider and I would be curious to read more. I do believe that energy (and matter) are neither created nor destroyed, so we have all ALWAYS existed IN SOME FORM. Everything we are made of used to be part of a star or multiple stars. We are all star stuff. I'm not sure what I believe about consciousness though, but I tend to be more swayed by the ideas of no permanent soul and nothing being permanent or unchanging, so even if consciousness, a soul, energy, etc were eternal, I personally don't believe they are unchanging. There are many theories that are interesting, so the jury is still out on my personal view of consciousness.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 2:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I believe our energy continues to exist, as energy can neither be created nor destroyed. I believe we are all part of the Universe's energy, it is where we come from. I don't know how we will experience that energy beyond this physical life though.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 2:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Animo acids and peptide bonds will break and the chemicals and energy that makes up a living system might always be around (conservation of matter and energy) but that does not mean we will always exist. Matter and energy in and of themselves are not concious entities and one of the things that makes us US is our conciousness.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:46 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• "We are all star stuff"

LOVE IT! Ala Carl Sagan:)
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 4:30 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• "We are all star stuff"

LOVE IT! Ala Carl Sagan:)

----

LOL Yeah, a little bit of Carl Sagan, a little Joni Mitchell (We are star dust. We are golden.), and a little bit of the Science Channel's How The Universe Works episode Extreme Stars. ;-)
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 5:37 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• well if my genes are passed on then yes.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 7:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I do believe I will always exist. :)
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:26 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Yes... I've always thought that time as we understand it is more of a function of the way that our minds work than an actual condition of the universe... as the article said, it's impossible for us to remove ourselves and our perceptual flaws and foibles from our understanding of the universe.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:38 PM on Feb. 10, 2011