Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby ate 4 cigarettes.

Please dont bash. I went to the bathroom and when I came back she had ate 4. I didnt know DH left them out. I dont allow smoking in the house, but he set them on the side table when he came back inside for some reason.
I dont know what to do. She is acting normal, but I am scared to take her to the hospital because I dont want social services called on me!

Answer Question
 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

Answers (12)
  • Call poison control right away! Her health should be above your fears, always! Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

    Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:29 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

  • And give DH a good ass-kicking! :D
    KatieCrandall

    Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:29 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

  • You do need to call poisen control! Nicotine can be poisonous to small children. Hesitating to call looks worse then the episode!
    SusieD250

    Answer by SusieD250 at 2:30 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

  • Trust me, he got yelled at and he feels bad, he says he doesnt even want to smoke anymore because of this. He was doing the right thing by not smoking in the house, but she still was exposed to cigarettes.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

  • they say eating a small amount if cigarettes is enough to kill-smoking only prolongs and is not as intense! So YES, call poison control!
    Monnek

    Answer by Monnek at 2:36 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

  • I agree with all. I'm a smoker, and I'd call poison control! I honestly wouldn't worry about CPS. There are lots of ways kids can get ahold of cigarettes.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

  • Yes, call poison control immediately. The child's health has to take precedence.
    Bmat

    Answer by Bmat at 2:45 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

  • OMG, get off the computer and make a call!! Poor little baby!
    charisma10

    Answer by charisma10 at 2:50 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

  • POISON CONTROL!!!
    KnoxvilleDoula

    Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 2:54 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

  • Ok, I just called poison control and they said she is ok. If she would have had a reaction, it would have happened within an hour. So I am happy about that! I told DH no cigarettes in the house at all! If he wants to smoke, he will go out to his car and keep the cigarettes there!
    But thanks for being so understanding mommas! And not judging me <3 accidents heppen unfortunately :(
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN