Does your child want expensive clothes or it doesnt matter?

Dianakk

Asked by Dianakk at 2:16 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• My son cares about style period. He even picks out my outfit some days! lol! It doesn't matter if it's 100 dollars from the mall or 5 at walmart! He just likes to look Super FLY! lol
    mamastyles

Answer by mamastyles at 2:32 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Mine just wants clothes with "cool" stuff - tee shirts with particular graphics, rips in the pants, black in color. He's a boy and doesn't pay attention to the label as much as whether it's something he likes.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 2:20 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• yes but she gets what i buy her....she gets a lot of name brand hand me downs from her cousin that are all name brand....but right now she really dont care....i can buy her an outfit from the dollar store and shed be happy
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 2:18 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• He couldn't care less,and I'm glad! I try to get him alot of gently used 2nd hand clothes because he goes through them so fast.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:19 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• DS is 8 and still thinks hand me down from my cousin (he is in highschool and gives him is school logo soccor stuff) and clothes from friends that are bigger than him are still really cool and it saves me $$$!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 2:22 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Well, my son isnt there yet but i can say from experience that my sister and i grew up in a middle class house. We never really wanted expensive clothes all the time (well i was fine with walmart my sister is pickier). If we did want something that was more expensive, like a 50 dollar pair of jeans or that sweater from the gap my parents said we could have them if we earned them. So to get that gap sweater, i was expected to clean the bathroom or help my dad clean out the garage or babysit my sister (my sister is 11 years younger than me) for a couple times to earn it. We were already expected to keep our rooms clean and our daily chores (mine was vaccuming and dusting upstairs) but to earn something special we had to do something that was not normally expected of us. As a kid, i did gripe, as an adult now, i saw it made me work harder for things i wanted even when i couldnt get a job. I appreciate everything now and work hard
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 2:24 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Mine dont care as long as its clean!
    JacquitaH

Answer by JacquitaH at 2:37 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• My boys don't care, but they do tend to have this thing for fancy high end tennis shoes. I'm not entirely sure why, it is usually a pain in the butt when I'm buying them new shoes. Now that my 16 yr old has pretty much stopped growing I'm more likely to buy him a more expensive pair than when he was growing because I know they will last longer. My younger son goes on NIKEID and makes his own shoes, I splurged for Christmas on those and now he wants another pair for his birthday in April...I'm not so sure about that.
    As far as shirts and pants as long as their nice they don't really care. I bought jeans at American Eagle for $25 and they liked them just as much as they would have a $100 pair from the buckle. (which I will never buy them a $100 pair of jeans), I buy shirts/sweatshirts at Penny's on sale or Aeropostal on sale. They don't care, this shoe thing though...I don't get it.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 3:24 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• my son doesn't really care as long as the clothes don't have holes or anything in them
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:04 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Mine never care less about that, but then again this is what they saw me do too.

Answer by older at 2:26 PM on Feb. 10, 2011