What are you doing for SO for Valentines Day?

I cant afford a sitter for 3 kids because even the freshman in high school ask for $15 an hour and as a preschool teacher I dont even make that much, which is kinda pathetic in my honest opinion. I cook and clean on a daily basis so its nothing new, and I have no problem doing that, I just also want to do something different. Any suggestions?

mrssmitley1210

Asked by mrssmitley1210 at 2:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• Just making dinner, he's working late. My hubby thinks that Valentines day is silly, he says he treats me nice everyday LOL It is true though!!
    3kiddies4me

Answer by 3kiddies4me at 2:33 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• We have already celebrated ours. Its always way too busy to go out to dinner on Valentines or in this case even the weekend before. I used to be a waitress and trust me its way too busy to go out and they only bring you a special menu and usually the items are twice as expensive lol.
    We decided this year to do it the weekend before (this past weekend). He helped me pay off my car (used Mustang) and got me personal plates for it. I bought him a new computer. We had dinner together at home. Now our dd is sick so I doubt this weekend we will get the alone time we had hoped for. But theres always next year.

Answer by gemgem at 2:34 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• put the kids to bed a little early (half hour so they dont notice and make a fuss) order in maybe chinese food?
    3kiddies4me

Answer by 3kiddies4me at 2:34 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• We are spending this weekend at the coast. We have dinner reservations at a restaurant there. For his gift I had him a new gold Kara made that has the Mool Mantra engraved on it. It arrived from Amritsar today, I was beginning to worry that it wouldn't get here before the weekend..Damn international shipping.. lol

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:35 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• we doing nothing. just a normal day since been married ten years and he is not romatic at all. For dinner just make his favorite foods, rent a movie for when kids are in bed, card. Just show him you love him and it does not have to cost alot or even go out.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• We're going to get sushi & probably have a nice bottle of champagne. I got him a nice shirt & some boxers (I think I've gotten him that every year for 7 years!) I also know this women's chorus that comes to your house to do singing telegrams. I'm thinking of hiring them too!
    namastenatalie

Answer by namastenatalie at 2:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• i agree with bed early i have done that when i cant get a sitter. i make a nice dinner. we got married before v day so it helps our v day is basicly our anniversary. lol. my dh dosent care for valintines day he thinks its just a hallmark holiday. but if anything..kids bed early a homemade card and nookie always works wonders.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 4:28 PM on Feb. 10, 2011