Miscarriage or late heavy period?

I was over a week late for my period which is tottaly uncommon for me. Then when I did start I had horrible cramps and bled through a pad an hour for about three days. Some clotts,but nothing huge. And now still 7 days later some really lite spotting when I wipe. I ussually have a 4-5 day cycle at the most. I didnt take a test because I was going to hold out for another couple days before the bleeding started,so does it sound like a miscarriage or just an off period. Anyone with simaler experiences?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• That happens more often than people realize.

A fertilized egg implants but when it's time for the first period it gets washed away as part of the bodys normal cycle. Most of the time people don't even recognize that it's happened because they didn't take a test since they hadn't missed thier period yet.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:35 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• It does sound like a misscariage to me. Sounds very similar what I went thru with mine.
    Ferrari

Answer by Ferrari at 3:01 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Yes it sounds like a very early miscarriage, although it's possible it's not--we will never know for certain.
    suemayonline

Answer by suemayonline at 9:24 AM on Feb. 11, 2011