If your ex tells people lies about you , what would you do?

My ex husband (divorced 9 yrs ago) keeps telling people I am a thief , liar, lazy and a bad house keeper. At first I ignored him but after this many years it makes me wonder why he even wants to do it. He told me the next time I had him arrested for domestic violence, I better not be there when he got out or else. So I moved out the next time and that's what made him mad. I am so sick of people telling me things he says. I know they aren't true but what do other's think of me. grrrrr

Dianakk

Asked by Dianakk at 2:33 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• I would tell him that if he does not shut HIS lying mouth and stop slandering you, you will take out a full-page ad in the local newspaper as well as call any radio stations and book air time and tell everyone what a low-life wife beater HE is! I would also tell him that it has been 9 yrs, over and done with so let it go or else he could wind up in court for slander and harassment! I would also contact the police and a lawyer and see what can be done about him and his lying.... maybe the threat of taking him to court will shut him up.

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:29 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• tell them what he did to u this is a man that is angry cause i called the cops on him for being a wife beater and he is mad cause i was standing up for myself
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 2:35 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Do these people know why you left and that you had him arrested several times for domestic abuse? If so then they probably think he is a liar and are telling you just so you know what he is saying.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 2:37 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Ignore it, I know what the truth is.....

Answer by older at 2:38 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I have two exs who are that way. The first one is the worst. He tells people I dont let him see his kids, that I cheated on him and I am a skank and a ho. Of course it isnt true. He actually was abusive and cheated on me so I left him. I also have sole custody bc he lied about a conviction in his past and had raped his step sister so the judge didnt want him alone with his dd. I USED to get mad, but now I dont care. I figure he is a pathetic excuse of a human being who needs to make up stories to make himself look better. Karma always has a way of catching up with liars, so dont worry about your ex or what he says. You know the truth, and those who love you and are friends with you know hes a liar.

Answer by gemgem at 2:42 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• shoot him , no just kidding , ignore it - everyone that knows / knew us would know different of me.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 2:45 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• He talks because they listen. Abusers don't stop at physical abuse. There's emotional and mental, like what he's doing now. If your friends and family will quit listening to him, he will stop talking. He wants attention. Hold your head up high, be who you are. And tell everyone that part of your life is over and you wish to move on, leave him behind.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 2:47 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• just say "seriously don't you know me better then that!" that will shut them up and look twice to realize that it's not true. i was asked once if i hit a child and that the lier witch told them that ,i said exactly this and they realized that they were dumb to of asked in the first place. all they could say was that they didn't believe it when they heard it. so i wondered why did you even ask me then?, stupid people.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:54 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I'd be mad, but mostly I'd ignore it. At least your friends and family (people that matter to you) would know the truth. If he's threatening you I'd get a the police involved and a restraining order.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 3:06 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Ugh! That sucks. I have to deal with it too. I don't know of anything you CAN do. I just ignore it and move on. When he says stuff to our kids that's what gets me the most.Karma is real though. He thinks I am a b*tch!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 7:17 PM on Feb. 10, 2011