Is this spotting normal?!!!

I'm 6 weeks pregnant, I went to the bathroom & when I wiped there was a little bit of brownish blood on the tissue, I'm not cramping AT ALL though!, but the spotting concerns me a little especially since I had a miscarriage July 8, 2010. I called my OB office right away & they told me it's normal & so did my best friend who has 3 kids. Is this spotting really normal? has this ever happened to any of you guys & everything turned out fine?. Just a little scared =(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I soptted with my first baby. Dr said it was normal. And that was 42 years ago.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 2:38 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I am almost 10 weeks pregnant and I began spotting brown stuff at 5 weeks and continues to do so through the 7th week. Once in a while now I will have a little bit. My spotting was pretty heavy as I could feel it gushing out. I went to the Dr. and they gave me an ultrasound and everything looked fine. I went yesturday and they gave me another one and the baby has growed like it was suppose to nad had a good heartbeat. My Dr. told me that it was from the placenta attaching and as long as it was not bright red and I had no cramping, then not to worry because brown is just old blood. He also said not to have sex while spotting because that could irritate your cervix. And it seems like everyone I read about has the brown spotting around the same time so maybe it is the placenta doing it's thing! Don't worry!!!!!
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 3:01 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I spotted very lightly every day from week 5 to week 8. Everything turned out ok. I never had any cramping or anything.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 3:52 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I never had spotting and would call ob to check that everything is okay. good luck
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 9:40 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I had a full on period until i was 6 1/2 months along...
    kristina.de

Answer by kristina.de at 9:41 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• It could be implantation bleeding.  It doesn't have to happen all at once, it can happen over a period of time.  Wow, lots of preggos are spotting!  My hearts go out to you, I know how scared I was!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:46 PM on Feb. 10, 2011