Does any breastfeeding mom have troubles with neck and back, and what have you done for relief?

I have 4 kids, nurse in bed at night, and I cant keep my neck, back, hips in alignment. I go to a chiro, PT, massage. No permanent relief.

Hope614

Asked by Hope614 at 2:41 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i dont know about permanent relief but i love those hot wraps that you can stick to your abdomin, lower back or near your neck. They just stick on and start radiating warmness to the area applied. I loved them and they helped at least for the time being.
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 2:50 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Make sure you're not leaning forward when you're nursing. Leaning back is better
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 3:19 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Always bring baby to you never you to baby.

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 3:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I use a rub, that I highly recommend to anyone. It's called Hot Hemp Balm, and the company that makes it is the Merry Hepmsters. It's hemp based and has an awesome smell, it smells like Red Hots.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:34 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• yes bring your baby to you like mama l said... when i nursed in the beginning i thought i HAD to be sitting up? idk why lol but i would get the worste neck pains.. i just would lay on my side, body pillow between my legs, sometimes pillow behind me as well and just get comfortable THEN bring baby to the breast.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:57 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• pillows lots and lots of pillows! make sure you are comfortable while you are breastfeeding
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 9:44 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Hot Baths! It also helps to soak my chest. My lil' girl sometimes decides to nurse all day and its hard to keep good posture for hours on end and the hot water helps soothe sore breasts.
    ummjen

Answer by ummjen at 5:50 PM on Feb. 11, 2011