Help me understand this coupon math

I was on krazycouponlady.com and she is showing how to get 6 cards and 2 teddy bears for free. The coupons listed are
2- $1/3 target printable
3- $2/2 printable (From American greetings)
2- free teddy bear with purchase of 3 cards printable

now, I get why you need three of the $2/2 coupons (equalling 6 cards) and why you need 2 $1/3 coupons (equalling 6 cards) and also how you get 2 bears. But can someone please break this math down. I am trying to understand it so I can actually decide to use cupons this way if presented. But I don't understand the math!!

pioneergirl10

Asked by pioneergirl10 at 2:45 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Shopping

• I'm thinking the $1/3 from target can be used with the $2/2 printable, which mean you would get a total of $9 off 6 cards. Store coupons can usually be used with manufacture coupons. And the since you've bought 6 cards, you would be able to get 2 bears with the coupons.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 3:05 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Okay so I am assuming she is speaking of greeting cards that are $1.29
    Buy (6) = $7.74
    Use (2) target coup $1/3 ($2) = $5.74
    Use (3) MF coup $2/2 ($6) = FREE with possible overage of $0.26
    Then since use printable coup for teddys since you bought 6 cards.

You could also do (4) $1.29 and (2) $1.99 cards but you will pay $0.14 for everything and don't forget tax.
    MyWorldofPandas

Answer by MyWorldofPandas at 11:29 AM on Feb. 12, 2011