Getting a 15 month old to sleep the whole night?

I have heard it can be done, has anyone had success doing this and if so please tell me your secret.

BUDDHASBABY1

Asked by BUDDHASBABY1 at 2:55 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• good luck my 4 year old still gets up in the night
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 2:56 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Let me know when you find the answer. My son who is just now 16 months wakes up 2x a night. Actually, he wakes around 12-1ish...then he wakes again around 6-6:30 and doesn't go back to sleep. LOL He has been teething literally for 2 months with molars. Like, it takes 2 weeks to get one to break through then it is on the next one. And that has made his sleeping even worse. Hang in there. I have a 2 1/2 yr old who doesn't sleep all night either. Even co-sleeping my 2 yr old doesn't sleep all night. Some babies just don't. I think winter is especially hard because they aren't out running running running, getting lots of energy released.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:57 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• My son started sleeping through the night at 5 months old. He still wakes up occasionally during the night, but not often. I just had to start letting him get himself back to sleep, it's hard, but they do it eventually.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 2:58 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• It's been very hard with my 2 y/o, but we started getting her used to sleeping on her own very early. She would get up crying and I would take her to my bed, but then I started just letting her cry. I made a rule, if she cried for more than 15 minutes, I would go get her. or if the crying escalated I would go get her. She usually fell back asleep before the 15 mins. Then I started increasing the time.
    Now I only go get her if I hear panic in her crying, which probably means she had a nightmare and is scared.

She sleeps through the night most nights and hasn't slept in my bed in a while. She still wakes up halfway through the night a lot, but I let her be and she falls back to sleep.

Not sure how it'll work starting tonite when she'll be in her toddler bed.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 2:59 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• she sleeps in a toddler bed so she climbs out
    BUDDHASBABY1

Comment by BUDDHASBABY1 (original poster) at 3:00 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I honestly couldn't tell you if my son slept through the night at that age. He's always really liked being in his room, so even if he did wake up when he was a year and older, he'd just chill in his bed and tell himself stories and stuff.
    I mean, most people don't sleep through the night, toddlers included, right?
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 3:08 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• my ds (3 now) didnt have this problem he slept thru the night since he was about 4 mo old. my SO's son (16mo) is a dif story. about 3 months ago he was up 5-8 times a night,he would scream like someone was killin him, but when i went in, he would laugh and laugh and up up me. well i decided that enough was enough. i then started to only go in one time, refused to take him out, if he was wet or soiled i changed him in his bed, never turning on the light. i also started playing a baby einstein classical music cd on repeat. i then would tell him in a firm voice, tyler its bed time, goodnight. he would lay right down, with his pouty face but other then his occassional angry growl we wouldnt hear from him again til morning. after about a week of me going in only one time, he stopped waking up...or if he does he doesnt let anyone know it. know something else? we are all in better moods with the amount of undisturbed sleep :) GL!
    lildqsmama

Answer by lildqsmama at 8:03 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• i didn think u cud at that age
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:11 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• my yr old sleeps all night so i can't help except in making sure that they are full, warm, and changed before nighty nights
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 3:42 PM on Feb. 11, 2011