How to get a 15month old to sleep in her own bed?

My 15 month old DD will not sleep in her own bed. I will have her sit in it, play in it and even fall asleep in it but she till not stay asleep in it. As soon as she wakes up which is between 5mins to 2 hours of her sleeping in it, she wakes up screaming and comes running into my room and sleeps with me and hubby. We are getting so annoyed with it, but my hubby works crazy hours so we just give in so we can get some sleep. HELP!!!

BUDDHASBABY1

Asked by BUDDHASBABY1 at 2:57 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Your 15 month old can get out of her crib? or is she in a toddler bed?

Put a baby gate up at the door to her room, so she can't get out and come to your room. Let her cry herself back to sleep.

You could try to do the supernanny thing, start putting her in her bed and sit just outside the gate, w/o talking to her, so she sees you are there.
    It will be hard. It's easier to get them used to it when they are in a crib and then are switched to a toddler bed.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 3:02 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Try the SuperNanny approach, take her back to bed, only telling her it is bed time and sit a few feet from her bed with your back to her. Sit there until she is asleep.....which takes a while at first. Every time she gets out of bed, just take her back and lay her down. I think you are only to speak to her that first time or keep it minimal to "it's time for bed" each time. Once she starts to settle down more quickly, move a foot away each night. Until you are in the door way, then in the hall. You do this all night long when she wakes. I guess it can take a couple weeks or a month. But better than being in your bed, if that isn't what you want any longer.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:02 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• When she comes in, take her back to her bed and lay with her for a little while. When she's asleep, go back to your own bed. Or if she's like my son and takes FOREVER to fall asleep when you're there, go when she's really drowsy and less likely to get up again. Sometimes I'll say to my son "I have to go to the bathroom" and he's out cold minutes after I'm gone. Do it enough and she will start staying in her own bed. You'll probably be tired during the transition, but just think of all the sleep you'll get in the end!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 3:06 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• true, i have done that approach a few times and it was working, i would tell her its night night time mommy loves you and i would sit next to her bed and slowly walk away if she woke and started to get up all i had to do was snap my fingers and say lay down and she did it,but ever since this winter she kept getting sick so we just threw it out the window and let her back in,it was better for us all.maybe its time to try again
    BUDDHASBABY1

Comment by BUDDHASBABY1 (original poster) at 3:07 PM on Feb. 10, 2011