Are any single mom's out there being taken to court to pay child support to your ex-husband?

I don't understand how they can give physical custody to a dad who claims he has no job and make the mother pay child support?

rdetopray

Asked by rdetopray at 2:30 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in General Parenting

• The same way they give custody to a Mom with no job and she gets child support.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:35 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• The child support is for the child and not the father......
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:41 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I know 2 single dad and neither of them get child support from the moms. I don't understand why the court doesn't pursue child support from a mom the same way they do for a dad.

Anonymous

• the court system has problems with child support. My dad just had to go to court and pay child support to my mom. I lived with my dad, and then got married. I am 22 years old and married!!! how does that make sense? Since marriage wasn't in my parents agreement, he ended up having to pay $23,000 in child support, for periods when I lived with him, or was married. (my dad and I both Flew to Massachusetts from Florida last month).

Make sure your child support agreement is VERY VERY clear, and don't be afraid to change it through the courts if you get paid less, or anything.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 2:46 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I don't know where you are but here..they prosecute dead beat moms just as readily as they do deadbeat Dads.
    Anonymous

• charisma10 that money should have gone to you not your mother.
    Anonymous

• i personally don't think my dad needed to dish out any money to anyone, but if he had to, it should have gone to me. and i would have put it right back in his hand.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 3:28 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• YES After Graduation.I actually have partial custody w/ my my ex abusers families kingship(2 ex partners)One that I didnt report abuse and the other I did. Its kind of funny because the second one had actually redeemed himself for raising my older son who never actually saw his father abusing me. He was a baby (broken bones and black eyes as a young teenage mom)The second abuser showed all the signs after I moved away within a 12 year marriage.My first abusers father stated " I have the MOney and I have the power" when I ask him about situations of voluntary guardianship. I was burning by two ends and these two families just watched it all happened.Did I recieve any child support as I was doing 80 hours of racing the rat race with 3 monkeys on my back? I think as soon as I finish school they are truely in it for the money on top of survivors benefits and ssi suppliments. Are you kidding me?
    Anonymous

• "The same way they give custody to a Mom with no job and she gets child support. "
    thats not always the right answer. In 16 years on and off PA I only recieve not one but (2) 50.00 checks of child support. Did I use it for drugs sex and rock and roll? No I worked for mine and will continue to thank you very much!
    mustangs_76

Answer by mustangs_76 at 5:28 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Mustangs 76....the point is not that you didn't recieve it. That is a totally different issue. The fact is you DID get the order for it.
    Anonymous