Anyone on Fort Lewis ??? Is Schools by Rank just like housing?

My friend sent me a link to a map of her husbands base. It shows all the schools and she said there all by rank just like housing. E5-E6 soldiers kids go to only E-5 and E-6 schools, E-7 etc go to certain schools. I never heard of that and if u are from fort lewis is this true? we live off post and my kids go to a nice school off post and would never live on post but just wondering if anyone knew about this because i never ever heard of separating kids by rank to go to better schools or just with there "own kind" seems really stupid and spoiled.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I didn't live there when I had kids, but I have never heard of this anywhere.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:03 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• We have been their. But never heard of that there or any other post.

Answer by louise2 at 3:05 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• my friend keeps saying the bases are broken up and if you are a e-5 and up ur kids go to that school only in that area. if your E-1 to E-4 and live in that area of housing your kids have to go to that school. I keep telling her i never heard of it and shes laughing at me like im stupid
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:07 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I live on Fort Stewart, and the schools are near the neighborhoods. I know my kids dont go to school with anyone e7 and up, bc they dont live near me. there is another school near lower enlisted and officer. I was wondering how it worked over there, but I dont know anyone that lives there. How do they handle that? I mean like if I were to do a birthday party for my kid and invited the whole class, would officers be allowed to be around lower enlisted if it was for a kids party? hmmm...good thing I dont invite the whole class ever!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 3:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• My dad is a retired colonel and I went to kids bday parties whose fathers were of lower rank. I never knew it was a no no.
    Anonymous

• we are not talking about parties and birthday parties please. i asked a question on on base schools. i asked if the kids parents who live in the E-5 and above like officers etc have to go to on base schools that are ONLY by rank. if i was a officer do my kids go to school on base with other officer parents kids?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:20 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• When we were stationed at the AFA in Colorado Springs there were 2 housing areas. One was for enlisted and the other for officers.
    The schools were public school system and it so happened that the enlisted school had the better teachers, admin and parent involvement so the quality of education was top notch.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 3:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• and I flipping answered it you idiot. Maybe you should go back to school. MORON!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 9:05 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• We live on Fort Lewis and my son attends school here and its not like that at all. The school they are assigned to depends on where they live.
    RomiSB

Answer by RomiSB at 8:14 PM on Mar. 9, 2011