Food Addiction

I am very addicted to food. I NEVER feel hungry except every morning when I wake up. The rest of the day I am always STUFFED with food. I'm constantly eating, and even when i'm not thinking about food, I'm eating....my mind wanders off to things that need to be done or doing activities with my children, but physically i'm at the fridge, in the kitchen, stuffing my face with whatevers around. I'll come back to the reality of what i'm doing, and i'll have downed 3 sandwhiches. It's almost like an out of body experience. It's insane and I never ever used to be like this, even though I have always been overweight.
What can I do to stop this from happening? I can't continue like this or I will die...there's no question. I'm rounding 300lbs.....and I just keep counting the pounds go up.
I started weight watchers and it all goes back to the mindless eating....i'll catch myself when i'm almost done devouring everything I have in my hands or that's close to me.
Does anyone else have this problem, and what helps you? I NEED HELP NOW!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Maybe get out of the house? If you aren't home, you can't be eating constantly, unless of course you choose to head out to restaurants or food stores. Take a walk, go to the library, do stuff where food isn't readily available. Other than that.....maybe figure out WHY you choose to do this. Counseling perhaps?
    Anonymous

• Stop buying food that's bad for you. Fill you refrigerator with fresh fruits and veggies, drink water. Throw out cookies, juice, chips, white bread, and anything else that's fattening. It will go a long way in helping you. Maybe get into some counseling. If you feel you have an addiction to food you need to get help.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 3:15 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Honey, u do need to get some help. It sounds like your eating from some kind of emotional upset. Find the root of the problem and go from there. Good luck and I'll keep u in my prayers.
    pswiley

Answer by pswiley at 3:15 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I think I'm addicted. Not to yours though. I found I get horrible headaches if I don't eat. So I am constantly eating. I feel I have an addicted personality and still eat like I am pregnant.
    Anonymous

• yes, it has to do with your brain chemistry, i ahd the problem, its been remedied with a product cheaper then surgery, useless mental health treatments like hypnsis etc...

Will and that feeling of fullness is what you need to stop that. contact me if you want to know what i used.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 7:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Get Dr. Phil's weight loss book. You can get it cheap on Amazon. It will help you figure out why you eat and help you find ways to change your life.
    christinab313

Answer by christinab313 at 12:16 AM on Feb. 11, 2011