Pumpkin pie facial?

Anyone ever heard of it? Tried it? I'm watching it on The Doctors Tv show. Just open a can and get a cheap facial! Would you try it?

Asked by admckenzie at 3:09 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Health

• No, I've got a can and don't like the taste of pumpkin so, I might try that. DH bought it but, i'm not gonna cook it.
    pswiley

Answer by pswiley at 3:19 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I saw that program also.I think they mean canned pumpkin not pumpkin pie mix.They weren't very clear on which kind.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 9:51 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I'd try it, but what is it supposed to do for your skin specifically?
    Anonymous

• I found this online: Pumpkin makes an excellent face mask ingredient for all skin types, especially environmentally damaged or sensitive skin. High in Vitamin A (skin healing), C (anti-oxidant) and Zinc, the pumpkin soothes, moisturizes and acts as a carrier, assisting the other mask ingredients to absorb deeper into the skin and intensifying the results.

Read more: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/pumpkin-face-mask-vitamin-rich.html#ixzz1DacEQ7jv

Comment by admckenzie (original poster) at 3:24 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Dr Orden (on The Doctors) said the word Collagen ( was in the pumpkin pie filler) and that got my attention!

Comment by admckenzie (original poster) at 3:25 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I'm going to Target this evening. Last time I was there they had a can of pumpkin for $1.23. Can you imagine something in the beauty aisle being only $1.23? You only need a small amount so you can still use the filler for pumpkin cookies or muffins or bread.

Comment by admckenzie (original poster) at 3:27 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I hope people understood that I meant the REST of the filler for the food recipes not the used part! lol

Comment by admckenzie (original poster) at 3:28 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• The can they showed on the program was Libby's canned pumpkin. I'm guessing you could even use fresh pumpkin and puree it in season.

Comment by admckenzie (original poster) at 10:20 PM on Feb. 10, 2011