Do u think introducing the potty to a 15month old is to soon?

BUDDHASBABY1

Asked by BUDDHASBABY1 at 3:10 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Not if you think your baby's ready.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 3:10 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• It's not a bad time to introduce it, but don't push it. We introduced my son at 18 months. He'll be three years old in less than a month and he's still not potty trained.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 3:13 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• she rips her diaper off and runs free, if she has to pee or pop is always does it on a hard surface most times in the bathroom
    BUDDHASBABY1

Comment by BUDDHASBABY1 (original poster) at 3:13 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• You can introduce it and start getting the child used to the idea, but I don't think a child has enough control at that age to be successful. I'm sure there are exceptions, but it would be pretty rare. You might be able to train yourself to catch her!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:13 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• We introduced it to our son at 15 months and he was potty trained a few months after his 2nd birthday. Don't push. I sat my son on his little toilet every time I went to the bathroom to get him used to it.
    JDBorba

Answer by JDBorba at 5:06 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Nope we introduced the potty chair early and it was great bc when she was ready she told us. She was so confident and did not have any issues. We didnot pressure her in the begining, we just introduced it.
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 8:51 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• My son was about this old when we got him a potty. I noticed that at bath time he liked to pee in the tub. So I figured he must be holding it until bath time. Then I noticed once that he would take a step, stop and pee, take another step, stop and pee, and so forth. After that I started taking him in the bathroom when I went and saying I was going peepee in the potty which amused him. I let him sit on his and read a book to entertain and he randomly went one day. I gave him all the praise and so forth and started putting him on the grown up potty not long ago. After he goes in it its a privlage for him to flush it lol. With all that being said it depends on your child. If you think she's ready then try it out. Just don't MAKE her go in the potty.
    Nicolenew

Answer by Nicolenew at 9:15 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• You can introduce it whenever you want. But YOU need to understand that the likelihood that anything is going to happen until your kid is about 2 1/2 is very small. I know some kids take to potty training extremely early. One of my closest friends somehow managed to get her daughter potty trained by the age of two. I had the same aspirations for my daughter (who is my oldest) and that resulted in me being incredibly stressed for the next year and a half of my life. Potty training my daughter was probably one of the worst experiences of parenting so far, and it was all because I was determined to beat some sort of societal deadline on potty training. With my son, I decided to let him take the lead. He will be three in April and has almost potty trained himself. Your kid will tell you when they are ready. Introduce it, show them how to use it. Don't push it. You'll be glad in the long run.
    looselylucid

Answer by looselylucid at 10:17 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• not at all if ur baby is able then go for it and good luck momma!
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:10 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• if the babe's ready then okay but make sure that babe is ready and not you wanting to be trained cuz it will never work that way
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 3:41 PM on Feb. 11, 2011