Sour taste in my mouth

Hi,

I'm beginning my 3rd trimester this week and started noticing that I have this weird sour taste in my mouth. It's almost like the sour taste is sitting on my throat. Anyway I read about this but thought this is usually for people in 1st or 2nd trimester. This never happened to me and just wondering if anyone else went through this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had something like this happen at some point in my pregnancy, though it wasn't sour (I don't remember much about it, I'd forgotten until I ready your post, actually!). I wouldn't worry too much, but since you should be seeing your doctor pretty often now, I'd mention it to him or her, just in case it's something weird they watch for.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:37 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Ugh! I have noticed that my morning breath is horrible lately! I'm 29 weeks and it is worse than it has been! It might partially be that you may be having some reflux from not having as much room for your stomach due to the growing baby. Have you tried taking an antacid or something? I notice that I have heartburn every night, but the past two nights I've taken tums before bed and I feel much better! But, I would ask your doctor if it bothers you pretty bad! Good luck!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 2:42 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Most likely, it's acid reflux.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:45 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I've had sour tastes in my mouth after I eat or drink certain things.Its normal, I read about it, a lot of pregnant women get it.The only thing that works for me is brushing my teeth, I hate the taste but I try and ignore it.
    Sarah0306

Answer by Sarah0306 at 2:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2008