Blanket in the crib?

How old was your LO when you let them sleep with a blanket at night? I had my DD in september right when it was getting cold, I was really afraid she was cold at night. even if she didnt complain, I'd touch her hands and they would be cold. So I gave her a blanket at two months. What did you do?

Glouii

Asked by Glouii at 3:19 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• My baby was born in Feb. so I swaddled him at night. And then put a blanket over him, not even up to his shoulders and he was fine.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 3:20 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I started at 5 months, but my dd was born in july.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 3:21 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• try swaddling her....if she can't get out of what's wrapped around her, then I would say lay another BABY blanket on top of her.
    make sure she has socks on, and you can even put socks on her hands!
    Anonymous

• Yea I did the sock thing too lol Buut she hated be swaddled and would always get out of it.
    Glouii

Comment by Glouii (original poster) at 3:27 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• My baby boy was swaddled at first but kept getting out of the darn thing, lol. So technically speaking he has had one since birth. I started covering him up rather than swaddling him around 2 or so months. He LOVES his blankets!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• i had a sleep sack for my dd when she was lil! i didnt give her a blanket until she was 10 months old!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 3:45 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• From birth with all 5 of my kids. They each came home in this quilt that belonged to my husband when he was a baby. The winter babies were swaddled in it until they got too big or didn't want to be swaddled and all 5 of them were tucked up with it at night as babies. My 6mo has several blankets in his crib right now. Depending on how cold it is in our room he has the quilt, a crocheted afghan and a fleece blanket that I cover him with. He doesn't move around much so it's never been an issue. I just tuck it up under his arms and he's fine all night. I give him a little fleece blanket that I got for $1 at Dollar Tree that is really thin to pull over his face if he wants (better than him putting one of the heavy ones on his face) since he seems to like that.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:41 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• My daughter didn't have a blanket until she was 1. She was born in July, so it wasn't necessary at first at all, but in the winter....I dressed her warmly and the heat kicks in her room so it is always toasty warm. Even now, she has blankets on her bed, but always manages to end up sleeping on top of them instead of underneath them.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:30 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• from birth with both my girls and they were fine. I was always afraid they would be cold
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:31 AM on Feb. 12, 2011