what is the best 529 plan?

how do i choose a 529?

jeffrese

Asked by jeffrese at 2:33 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Money & Work

• Hi! I just read about this in Dave Rameys book but I can't remember the answer! Have you checked out his website? I think they would mention it there some where. I love his advice :-D!
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 2:42 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Just be very cautious about these in this financial time - not ALL of these accounts are FDIC insured so if your bank goes under you could lose it. Just a heads up (we've been looking into a treasury account instead)
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 3:29 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I personally would look into an ESA account instead of a 529 plan. May be worth checking into. However, if you go with a 529, pick one that you have control over the investments it goes in. Check into the ESA's though. That is what I am getting my kids.
    Anonymous

• http://www.savingforcollege.com/college_savings_201/

The site offers rankings and descriptions of the plans. Remember, you don' thave to use the plan for your state.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Nov. 18, 2008