Decision

Okay my daughter is being allowed back to school monday the 14th she's been gone from school due to a contract she broke. TOnight is the Valentines Day dance and they said she could go. I want to go but she says everyone will make fun of her if I go,I'm concerned that the people their at the school will find something to have her get kicked out again and I told my daughter this. She said " well then I just won't go" which to me is no problem I wont have to pay for it and she will be miserable herself if she doesnt go. Yes their will be teachers their and evryone else in the dog and she says she will have lot sof friends too. SHould I still be concrened or should I just let her go and hope for the best?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I think you should go.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 3:41 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Well, without complete details....I can't say.

What did she do? Fighting? Bad grades?
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 3:41 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• what did she get kickedout for to begin with? tell her if she wants to go you have to go or call the school and see if she is even allowed to go
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 3:41 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I would let her go on her own. Sometimes they have to learn their own lessons and we are just there to help clean up the messes. If there is a problem then you can deal with it after the dance. Otherwise if you feel really uncomfortable with the idea and she doesnt want you there then let her stay home. Either way it ends up her choice with her consequence for that choice.

Answer by gemgem at 3:43 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Your job is to protect you DD. If there is some concern than you better go and tell her she will not be made fun of, someones parent has to help out why not you?

I was always helping out in the schools to keep an eye on the teachers and kids.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 3:46 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I would keep her home. If my daughter was not allowed to go to school for any reason I can think of, she would not be allowed to go to a school dance either.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:55 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• You either go or she doesn't go. No middle ground, you are the parent and she's not responsible enough to be on her own.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:08 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• ya I was thinking of just going,or maybe check in the last hour.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:41 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Let her go and earn everyone's trust, again. She broke the trust of everyone and needs to earn it back. If she screws up again, then SHE has to live with the consequences.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:54 PM on Feb. 10, 2011