Hello friends...... How bad is it to drink soda pop while you're pregnant? Is diet better then regular cola.?

lisacieslak

Asked by lisacieslak at 2:33 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Health

• Unless your diabetic.. I would say regular is better than diet cola. Diet cola has aspertame (nutrasweet) and the chemicals in it are not good for you or baby. Or if u still need or want diet.. look for one with splenda.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 2:36 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Diet is not good! First of all, if you want sugar (your body craves sugar) and you eat diet instead, you only end up wanting MORE than the regular! Soda is not too bad in moderation as long as you are not diabetic or have the GD. What's more important is what you don't have-a little sugar is ok as long as you DO have iron foods, vitamins, veggies and the good stuff! And PROTEIN! Lots of it! Eggs, turkey meat, etc... Iron foods are dark foods, spinach, beets, and STEAK!
    Monnek

Answer by Monnek at 2:38 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I think Splenda is any better for you than nutrasweet. I would stick with regular soda. I drank way to much soda while I was pregnant even though everyone gave me crap about it. It was and still is my only vice! My babies are all fine! Try to cut down as much as possible and don't wory about it. No one has a perfect diet.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 2:42 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Soda is good for no one, pregnant or not. Definitely not good for a developing baby.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 2:49 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Thank you much.
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 2:53 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• if you drink any clear soda or root bear-without artificial sweeteners it is your best bet to fulfill your craving
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 2:53 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• My doc said one diet soda a day is fine. There's worse things you could be doing while your pregnant. Lemon with water is great! It keeps you hydrated and is a natural diuretic, which helps with the swelling!

redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 2:54 PM on Nov. 17, 2008