Water birth?

Has anyone had a water birth? This is how i really wanted to bring my baby into the world but I just found out my docotors dont do it =( I really want to go all natural no pain pills. Have you had a water birth with one and then a different type of delivery? Just trying to figure out my birth method to keep me on track....

lil_momma_vdv

Asked by lil_momma_vdv at 3:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I haven't had my birth yet, but where I am planning on birthing they have a tub in each room. That's how I plan on doing it. If it's something you are serious about find a doctor that will support that. Or try finding a midwife in a birth center.

Good luck!
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 3:57 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• i had one and loved it!
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 3:56 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• birth center would be the best option.
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 9:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• find a midwife and have the baby at home. Sorry but after 5 births, the only one that turned out the way I wanted was my home birth. The midwife asked ME what I wanted and followed my lead and was just there to insure that me and baby were okay. At the hospital births I had to ask permission and was told what to do. Even though my last birth was at a birthing center and I had a lot more control the the 3 hospital births I had, it still was not the same as my home birth.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 9:38 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I have never tryed water birth but that sounds really neat if your really wanting to do it i would call around and find a doc that does it
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 3:55 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I am pregnant with my first child and I feel the same way you do. I want to do it as naturally as possible. The hospitals in my area don't offer anything but traditional birth and I don't like that either. But I did find a birth center that centers on natural birth methods. Do some research online and you just might find what I did. Good luck! :D
    JealousGrrl

Answer by JealousGrrl at 4:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• btw babyies 1, 2 and 4 where hospital, 3 was home and 5 was birthing center water birth. And the water birth was amazing... not as awesome as my home birth, but still awesome... if there is ever #6 then it will be home water birth.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 9:40 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I wish that our hospital had offered birthing tubs- I've always thought that would be amazing! I did have unmedicated births and did spend a long time in labour with my first standing in the shower with the hot water on my back (I had back labour) and it was really good pain relief.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:41 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I had my second child in water.  For me, it wasn't the best option but I didn't know it until it was too late.  All of a sudden I got hit with the extreme thought that I was going to drown, that my child was going to drown.  Freaked me out.  The first one I had at the hospital, no pain meds, 2nd one in the water, 3rd with a midwife on a bed, and the 4th will be born with a midwife on a bed.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:41 PM on Feb. 10, 2011