Makes me sad..

I take care of my baby all day everyday. My SO (her dad) goes to school and is home by noon, but he doesnt go out of his way to take care of her. He loves her so much but he doesnt really care about taking care of her. It doesnt matter to me, becuz I'm selfish and loves having my baby all to myself. The only way he'll do anything is if i tell him to make a bottle of physically put her in his arms. But when hes just sitting there she'll stare at him none stop and all he'll have to do is look at her and she'll smile uncontrolably.
She doesnt stare at me waiting for me to look at her. I have to play with her to make her smile, and I'm the one she sees all day everyday, I'm the one who gives her a bathe, feeds her, changes her diaper, wakes up at 5am becuz she crys, and I'm the one who always wants to be with her over anything else.
i know nothings wrong but it makes me so sad :( I love her so much and do everything to make her happy, and he's the one that she watches, and he doesnt do anything...
Does anyone else know what this is like?

Glouii

Asked by Glouii at 3:54 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• I know what it is like to take care of a little one by ur self and never have help. I don't complain about it and I love my baby girl but I would love to have my time and I am always tired. Abigail is my pride and joy and I couldn't imagine a day with out here but I would love to have help with her. So I know what ur goin through.
    angel1326

Answer by angel1326 at 3:57 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I think its completely normal. My youngest just turned 6 and her dad works alot and isnt home all that often. When he is home he is tired and doesnt want to do very much. My dd has always been the same as yours. And I am fine with that. I figure she is a daddys girl and my job as a mom is to care for her. I know she loves me, and always will. We have a good relationship. I think though because dads not always around or is tired she tries extra hard to let him know she loves him too. Maybe that is what yours is also doing?

Answer by gemgem at 3:58 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I kind of know what you're feeling. When my DD started talking she said hi, bye, Dada, no, more, and she did not say Mama. I kept trying and she just didn't say it. I finally told myself (to make me feel better) that she didn't feel a need to learn the word Mama because I was always there. She didn't have to call me because I was at her side, she fussed for one minute in her crib and I was in her bedroom in a flash, she was hungry I would feed her, she cried I would cuddle her. She didn't ever have to call for me so she didn't need to use my name. Maybe it's like that with your DD- looking at you is almost like looking at herself. In fact, at this age they haven't even necessarily figured out that they are not still actually a part of you. You are always there and meeting her needs and she is secure in that. Daddy is someone different to watch and his notice of her is more rare so it's a novelty to her. Don't be too sad, Mama.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:03 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I also think that while Daddy may be more exciting, if she was hurt or scared or sick it would be you she would likely want to comfort her.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:04 PM on Feb. 10, 2011