Where can I post about my business?

I have an in-home spa business that I think many of the moms would like to hear about. We do in-home spa parties for adults, teens and children. We are all licensed professional moms who do this part-time to make some extra money.

Thanks,

Roseann

NailGirl51

Asked by NailGirl51 at 3:56 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Money & Work

• Where are you at?
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 4:01 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• In the Marketplace and some groups will let you advertise.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 4:05 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Cofeenews for your area.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 4:26 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I'd look into mom groups in your area, advertise in local newspapers or magazines, make flyers advertising a special, look into any possible bridal shows where you can be a vendor or just any vendor show.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:38 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• You may also want to look into running a special through Groupon.com in your area. It's free to sign up for a groupon campaign, but you do give groupon half of any earnings.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I am located in Marlton (08053) but we do go out to certain parts of Central New Jersey and Pennsylvania.

Thanks for the ideas. I have done the flyers, mom's groups, etc. and nothing comes of it.

I cannnot afford to Groupon yet. New business venture just getting off the ground.

NailGirl51

Comment by NailGirl51 (original poster) at 6:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Like I said, groupon is FREE, you just have to make a deal where what you'll get will still earn you a profit. You don't pay groin, groupon pays you, you honor the gift certificate. BUT the money is made in the numbers. We own a carpet cleaning business and did a 3 room special for $50. Groupon gets half so we only got a check totaling $25 per sale, BUT when you sell 250 deals and get a check for $6250 the money is made that way. And it gives us 250 new customers that we can upsell (and groupon doesn't get any of that), referrals and repeat business.

So, it's not a matter of what it costs you, but a matter of what kind of deal are you willing to do where you feel like you earn a decent amount of money for the work you do.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:16 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Local chamber of commerce
    Local meetings of the National Association of Women Business Owners
    Other networking groups

Answer by rkoloms at 9:39 PM on Feb. 13, 2011